Chapter -24- Found but lost

Ian's Pov

As much as I didn't want to admit it Marlene was right. Everyone including myself had not seen or heard from Lucy since yesterday.it had been 24 hours without her,24hours of fear loss and anxiety which I had to bare.my heart was pounding a my chest to think that Lucy was missing but it was a possibility and we needed all the help we could get.

I reached my phone which lay on the coffee table in front of my and dialled the number with a hint of hesitation in my movement .This could not be realty, what had I done to deserve this, what had she done to deserve this...nothing.

The hum at the end of the phone line reminded me of this morning where ii had attempted to call her and my mouth went dry expecting to be met with her voice instead of the one I hear.

"Hello, this is the La police department ,how may I help you today? "The ladies voice was calm and collected unlike mine which was shaky and jagged.

"I would ... I would like to file in a missing persons report for...Lucy...Lucy Hale."

She instantly proceeded to ask me the standard questions. How long she had been missing, where she was last seen and why she may have disappeared.

I felt so guilty telling her everything. This was my fault entirely yet now everything was out of my control.

"Thank you for your information, we will begin investigating the situation and will keep you updated with any news."

"Thank you" I mumbled before the line went cold. Everyone had gathered in the room by now comforting each other as tears began streaming in the room..

The first day without her was dreadful felt lost and guilty that I had let Lucy, but I thought I would see her soon

The second day was filled with anxiety. I panicked every time my phone rang hoping to finally receive some news however I received nothing was no longer sleeping, the nightmares controlled my body and staying asleep was more painful than staying awake.

The fourth day became I struggle had not slept at all and my life looked pointless with my hope driving thin. Lucy was my oxygen; she was the fuel of my existence and my being without her I was nothing.

When the first week passed I began losing all hope in ever seeing her beautiful face again.it slowly began to dawn on me they I may never see her again...alive. The longer she was gone ,the slimmer the chances became .I slowly began drowning out all my emotions and thought ,never in my life had I felt this depressed and numb.I was numb .I no longer knew what life was without her by my side

Work had continued as normal but instead of filming we were just sitting there in silence and comforting each other. Everyone was a mess and every day it was getting worst. With every single ring of the phone we would always get a gimps of hope but as soon as the phone stopped ringing everything would go back to normal.

Half way through the second week I could see myself fading away too, just like she had in front of my eyes. My face was dull and covered with stubble, my eyes had dark bye undertones and they were dull. The spark she had created within me was gone, absent; missing ...just like her .My body had become weak and the mental pain had turned to physical.

As the second week began to approach we were told there was no hope, she was probable lost and gone, nothing more than a lifeless body somewhere out here .After receiving that news it was hard to move and function .After struggling to get out of bed, with the lack of sleep, I made my way to set.

Being around everyone was safer than being by myself. They made sure I ate, even if I ate very little it was better than I had managed on my own.by this point my eyes had ran out of tears, they were all gone .I had spent the whole first week crying and now I had drifted into a silence.

It was 9pm already, marking exactly two weeks since anyone had seen Lucy and she had been reported missing. We still had no information.

I sat in her dressing room, comforted by her sent and the memory of her when I felt my phone buzz in my hand .I was numb yet the phone was my only for of hope. The number had become familiar for me over this time yet every time it rang the news we received was useless.

"Hello"

"Hello, Mr Harding, we would like to inform you that we have found her..."I had waited two whole weeks to hear those words. Every day I felt that dream was drifting further and further away yet it had finally happened. Lucy was Alive,

"What? Where is she? Is she okay? "I had so many questions yet I knew they had to wait, all that mattered was that she was okay.

"She is being transported to the hospital as we speak, she was found lifeless in a hotel room on the outskirts of time...However we do not know if she will make the journey..."

The line went silent as I crashed to the floor... we do not know if she will make...she was just found yet I could lose her again.

I got the addressed and rushed outside quickly informing the cast "they found her" as I ran to the car and drove to the hospital weaved in and out of the afternoon traffic going slightly above the speed limit but I needed to see her before it was too late.

I arrived at the hospital first and rushed straight to the reception but before I could ask for Lucy I could see her being wheeled in.

She was surrounded by a chaos of doctors, bandaged and supported by several straps and objects keeping her in place.I froze in silence as the wheeled her past me.She was skin and bones, covered in deep dark bruised and blood in several places. Her face looked lifeless and her exposed skin was snow white and bale with no colour. Her hair was tangled and destroyed with her body being immobilised by the supports.

"Lucy..."I shouted as they transported her though the hospital and I attempted to stop them but was pulled to the side by one of the doctors.

"what's wrong with her "I collapsed onto the chair behind me as the tears started streaming down my face and my body began to shake .

The doctor comforted me before he spoke. "Right now she is very week and broken, she has several broken bones and fractures, we also think she may have some internal bleeding along with the external bleeding .Her whole body is severely dehydrated and malnourished.

"Is she going to make it" I said between tears and heavy breaths, I could hear some chaos and people around me .I did not look up but I assumed it was the cast.

"We don't know yet the next 48 hours are essential, we are lucky we found her when we did or else she would have already been gone. Currently we will keep her in a comma, allowing her body to regain strength but we are unsure of when she will wake up....or if she will.

"Lucy is strong, she will..."

Ahhhh Lucy is finally back, maybe a little broken but still. What happened to her when she was gone, why is she so destroyed? Will Ian be able to help her or is it too late for Lucy? Please vote and comment as all feedback is nice.

Thank you for reading Torielana

ps. do you remember "found but lost"it was an Ezria reference in season 5 i think?