Chapter -21- Lonely night

Lucy's Pov

Today we had to go back to film on set, ever since yesterday when Ian found me bloody and cold he had been acting really strange. Wherever I looked he was there. I understood he was worried however I was only beginning to feel worst as the hours passed. He was becoming extremely overprotective and this was the last thing I needed right now.

I knew how much he loved me and how much he cared but the fact he had lost all faith in me and trust hurt me even more than the pain I was inflicting on myself for the last few nights.

Ian spent the whole day by my side, we didn't talk much, however, he was always there. We received some questioning looks from our castmates as we had completely forgotten to announce our relationship but now was not the time.

At 9:00 pm I had one final scene to shoot with the girls before I could head home, however, Ian still remained on set even though he had finished two hours earlier. God did I love this man but I couldn't handle him being around me especially when I didn't want to talk to him about yesterday. I wasn't ready.

As I waited to be called on set in "the brew" I grabbed Ian's hand and lead him to my dressing room. He followed me inside with a confused expression but I ignore that and the weak smirk plastered on his face as I began to speak when the door behind him finally shut.

"Ian please leave and go home I promise will be fine "As those words came out he looked at me bewildered. Was I really asking for too much?

"Lucy I just want to make sure your okay "He stepped toward me and held my hands in his gently rubbing my knuckles.

"Ian I don't need you looking after me every single minute" I took a step back and his hands fell to his sides. I could see he was thinking very hard as his head was tilted to the side as he ran his hand through his hair.

"after yesterday I think you do "He spoke in a quieter voice. He knew I wasn't ready yet he brought it up. He gently began nodding his head in agreement.

"please stop it..yesterday was yesterday, today is different I will not hurt myself I promise "My eyes glazed over with tears but I was doing everything I could to hold them back. What he said was true however It still hurt.

"Lucy. I'm too scared to take that risk "I was scared too but I couldn't tell him, the words just wouldn't come out

"I can't do this please trust me and go home, I will come straight after work "At that moment I was willing to do anything for Ian to leave. I couldn't stand the thought of him hurting and knowing that I was hurting too would only make it worse for the both of us.

"but Lucy..."

"No buts, please just go wait at home I will find ".Before Ian could protest any further I walked out of the dressing room. he followed me out and grabbed my wrist to pull me into his reach, into a tight and warm hug, everything I had been craving for the whole day but couldn't dare ask for.

"Lucy if this is what you want I will do as I'm told but, promise me you'll come home soon and in one piece" He gently placed his other hand under my chin making me look up at him.

"of course I will please stop worrying, it doesn't help at all and it just makes me feel worst "I was slowly beginning to spill, A second more and everything would come out.

"okay goose, that's a deal, I love you, see you tonight "a weak smile spread across his face as he kissed my head and let me walk away ...finally.

Ian's Pov

As Lucy had asked me to leave I did. If she needed space I was willing to give it to her so I made my way home.

I regretted everything I had said. I didn't mean to be overprotective but I couldn't help it. I felt Lucy fading away again and I didn't want to lose her, she meant too much to me.

When I arrived home I chose to focus on a book however after several attempts at the first chapter I gave up. I couldn't focus when the only thing on my mind was Lucy.My instincts told me I should have stayed by her side no matter what she said but the fear within me told me to take a step backwards and give her some space. Hopefully, I made the right decision but only time would tell.

I had been pacing around the whole house for the last three hours waiting for Lucy to walk in through the front door but she had not.I went over all the possible thing I could say to her when she finally did but all of them were being tangled in my head into a huge mess.

It was already 1:00 am and as long as work was for Lucy and me, she should have come home by now. It began to daunt on me that maybe she wasn't coming home tonight, well at least not to "our"home. However, if she chose to go to her apartment I would respect her decision as I had scared her earlier in an attempt to help her. I was such an idiot for treating her like that. I had to deal with the consequences of my actions.

By 2:30 she still hadn't walked through the door and it was killing me. That night was one of the worst in my life. I had a cold and empty bed to myself, no company and no warmth from the one and only woman I love. I had treated her wrong and now I couldn't hold her in my arms.

The thing that scared me the most was a repeat of yesterday or any of the other nights where her body was overcome with a nightmare. After having experienced one myself I now understood her pain.Lucy meant everything to me and knowing how much she was suffering was slowly beginning to kill me.

What happened after Ian left?Where is Lucy?Did Ian make the right decision?Ahhhhh I really hoped you liked this part It was actually really fun to write and I can't wait for the chapters coming soon.Please vote and comment as feedback is always nice especially on something like this.

Ps. Gurl please don't kill me.love ya.

Thank you for reading torielanna