~1~

Cora Jones POV: 

My heart is pounding out of my chest, and sweat is running down my face, but I can't give up yet I'm so close just half a mile left and I will be done for today. when I finally make it home after my morning run I rush into the shower, and pick my outfit for the day, just some denim shorts a black t-shirt paired with black vans, and a black hoodie, I grab my car keys and rush out the door, I can't be late for my first class.

 Today is my third day in California and so far I'm liking it more than I expected, I've dreamed of moving to los angels since I was a little girl, so once I turned 18 I packed my bags and left, I promised my self I would never look back, and the way things are going I don't think I will be missing home much, today is my first day in UCLA and I couldn't be happier, not because I'm great at school even though I'm not to bad but I'm just excited that I get to now build a life for myself and now I can forgot everything about my old one.

I walk in campus glance at the map one last time and rush to my class I only have 3 minutes left to walk to the other side of campus but if I walk fast enough I just might make it, I walks as fast as possible trying to avoid the other running students who seemed to be in the same situation as me, once I walk in the class I look around and pick the empty table at the back.

I space out for a few minutes until a voice brings me back to reality.

"is this seat taken?" asks this blonde girl pointing at the seat next to me.

confused by whats going on all I say is "excuse me?"

the girl chuckles and says"I was just wondering if this seat was taken but if it is thats completely fine I can sit somewhere else". 

"OH no don't worry its not taken you can sit if want" I say.

"Emma" she says stretching out her hand for me to shake it.

"Cora" I say taking her hand and shaking it.

After sitting in a classroom for almost 2 hours and having small conversations with Emma, I explained to her how I just moved here, I didn't tell her why and she didn't push me to, and she told me how she was born and raised in L.A but was never really good at making friends, I guess we have something in common, we had small conversations here and there but it was finally time to go, I began packing my bags, and start wondering were I will be eating today, since I recently moved I've only had time to unpack my things in my new apartment and try to organize them but I haven't gone grocery shopping meaning I have no food at home, and now its lunch time and I know I have to eat something, I already skipped breakfast this morning but can't skip lunch, as I'm putting my pencil in my bag I hear Emma ask me "would you like to eat lunch with me?", I glance at her and answer "yeah sure why not"

 Since I haven't seeing much of L.A I let Emma choose the place were we will be having lunch, we walk in this small but beautiful restaurant called 'Tournesol',  I guess she comes here very often because the moment the woman on the cash register who is around her 50's seems to recognise her she walks over hugs her and orders one of the waiters to give us a table skipping the long line of people waiting.

2 months later.

 It has now being two months since I moved to California and 2 months since I met Emma, and since then we have become really close, we have made it our routine to eat lunch and breakfast in the same place, 'Tournesol' , we made it a challenge to see which one of us is the first one to try everything in the menu, sometimes we go out to other restaurants on the weekends or we make food at home but this has become our favorite spot.

" what are you getting today?" I ask Emma as I look at the menu wondering what I will be eating ." not sure I think I want pasta, but I don't know yet how about you?" says Emma without taking her eyes off the menu, "honestly I was thinking pasta too" after a couple of minutes wondering what we will be eating we call our waitress over as we are putting in our order a boy that I have never seeing before walks over and sits next Emma and says " whats up little sis" to which Emma rolls her eyes and says" Esteban what are you doing here I didn't invite you"

" well I invited my self and a couple of friends too so you can come back in a few minutes and we will all be ready to order and can you please pull that other table closer I have more people coming"the last part directed to our waitress, who obeys and asks another to help him set up the other table next to ours, " and who is this cutie here with you sis" he says with a cocky smile. he is handsome gotta admit just not my type.

" she is my friend Cora, Cora this is my annoying brother Esteban" , "nice to meet you" says Esteban reaching his hand for me to shake it, " nice to meet you too" I say taking his hand," so you got any siblings here in L.A or family " asks Esteban, to which I answer " nop only child and parents are back home in north carolina",  "must be nice" says Emma almost in a whisper, Esteban questions me for a while asking me why and how I moved and if I knew anyone else in L.A and a bunch of other questions, a group of six people walks in the restaurant and make their way to our table and began to sit next to us, Esteban introduces me to some of the guys and girls who were taking place in our table, until a couple walks in and as he is beginning to introduce me, I look up and see her, the one person I thought I would never see again, the one person I never in my life wanted to cross paths with she is now standing right in front of me.

"cora?"is all she says.

Thank you guys so much for taking the time to read my story hope you liked it, the first few chapters will be a bit of an introduction to Coras life, but they will get pretty interesting pretty soon, hope you liked it don't forget to vote and comment and if you have any covers that you would like me to use just send them to me to this email monse16182000@gmail.com, thank you love you guys.