vi. assistance

Harry gave his messy hair one last pat, and sighed. He was going to look horrid at his meeting with Professor Dumbledore.

Breakfast had been entertaining, watching Ron figure out how many rolls he could fit in at once, and Neville blushing as Ginny complimented him on the flowering of his Mimbulus mimboltonia.

But now it was time to talk to Professor Dumbledore. With a smile from Ron and and Hermione, he left the Common Room.

Harry entered the office, after telling the gargoyle the password "Chocolate Frogs". Professor Dumbledore beamed at him and offered him a Lemon Drop. Harry took a few and stuffed them in his pockets, and popped one in his mouth.

"Well my boy, how are you holding up? I hope you still don't blame yourself for Sirius's death?" Professor Dumbledore asked Harry, his hands resting against his chin. Harry stuttered but replied that he was feeling much better and hoped that Proffesor Dumbledore was proud to be Headmaster again.

"I am my boy. But I wanted to talk to you about Leglimency lessons. I have discussed with Professor Snape who will teach you along with Mr Malfoy. I know you will object strongly, but Mr Malfoy's mental defenses are incredibly strong. Such ability is rare in most wizards", Dumbledore told Harry, who gave a slight grimace.

Harry asked what Draco Malfoy's reaction to such a proposition had been and Professor Dumbledore said that Draco was yet to confirm. He then mentioned that he wished Harry would keep the fact of Draco Malfoy's assistance secret, and not tell Ron and Hermione.

Professor Dumbledore also told Harry that he would need to know about the origins of Voldemort to fully understand his persona and the prophecy.

Harry had another Lemon Drop and listened to Professor Dumbledore tell him about the boy Tom Riddle.

As he left the Office his thoughts were in disarray. He wished he could speak to someone about all of this, and then wished Sirius was there.

Harry sighed feeling very alone. He walked to his dorm and sat looking at the moving photograph of him and Sirius. He felt moisture on his cheeks, and gripped his head in his hands. Feeling ashamed at crying, he stood up and walked to find Ron to play a bit of Quidditch. It was a Saturday after all.

Please show this story some love; or I won't know if you're interested in it and won't update as much. Even if no one reads it I'll update but very slowly.