Owner

Chapter 10 " Owner "

Ashley was now currently standing outside the door debating whether to go in or back out. She was nervous at the thought of seeing Kevin again after what happened. She turned around and bumped into a hard chest. She stumbled back slightly struggling to keep her balance. "Sorry." she muttered as she looked up and saw Nick standing in front of her. He was in a black v-neck shirt, faded jeans and a leather jacket. He had his usual intimidating bad boy aura radiating from him. She saw his jaw flex. She put her hands up to her head and crossed them. She thought that he might get angry. She waited for his snob remark but nothing came.

She slowly opened her eyes but Nick was nowhere to be found. She was left there in her protective stance like an idiot. She straightened herself and took a deep breath before entering the class. She found Kevin casually sitting beside her chair fiddling with his phone. She slipped in quietly and thankfully he didn't notice her yet. She was now beside her chair silently putting her bag. He noticed a movement from his rear view and turned his head sidewards. "Welcome back!" he said as he smiled at her. She returned the smile yet couldn't help but feel a little sad. ' Didn't the things that happened matter to him? Does he think that all of that doesn't matter to me? ' she thought.

She let out a long sigh as she sat down her chair. She fixes her things above her desk and looked at her phone. It was still early so she had time before their first period starts. She excused herself and went to the comfort room. She made her way through the hallway, passing by the lockers. As she was passing by, she saw Nick leaning on the lockers while flirting with some random blonde chic. Her eyes all goggly and lips forming a pout to look cute. He had a cocky smirk painted on his lips knowing that he had the girl under his control. She just ignored them and went to the comfort room.

' Yeah, he has the looks and fame but he doesn't have a heart. Bully. ' she thought as she finished up her business. She quickly fixed the strands of her hair and tucked them behind her ears. She was now returning to class, taking the same path. She cringed as she saw Nick and the blonde chic making out. He was still leaning on the lockers with his hands on her waist and she was hovering over him while tangling her fingers at his hair. His eyes shot open and made contact with hers. It was a fixed stare. He didn't even blink and was intensely staring at her. She quickly turned her head and continued walking to class, choosing to ignore it. It wasn't her business to start with.

She just walked away in disgust and went straight to the class. As soon as she walked in, a loud voice welcomed her. "Ashley!" Lucy shouted from the back of the room. She came running to her and squeezed her like a stuff toy. "L-lucy... can't b-breathe..." she said and Lucy instantly released her "Sorry?" she said while making a peace sign "Do you want to send me back to the hospital?" Ashley asked while catching her breath "It's not like that. I just missed my best friend soooooo much!" she said as she gave her another breath taking hug. "O-okay... I get the message." she said and returned the hug. She really did miss her best friend too.

"Sooooo..... did anything happen?" Lucy asked with a mischievous look "Nope. Just normal, why?" she asked confused. Lucy fished her phone from her pocket and showed Ashley a photo. It was when she was hospitalized and Kevin was by her side, sleeping. As a reaction, she just stared at the photo with widened eyes while blushing hard. "W-what..." Lucy didn't let her finish and just squealed in happiness. Ashley soon joined her and they jumped around like kids for three whole minutes. "What are you both jumping around for?" Kevin, who appeared out of nowhere, asked. "Nothing~" they both answered at the same time earning a suspicious look from him.

They looked at each other and grinned widely. "Exclusively for girls only." Lucy said. She dragged Ashley away from him and got back to interrogating her. "I shared my info, you share some to me too." Lucy said as she wiggled her eyebrows at her "Fine. On the day I was being discharged, Kevin kinda picked me up and we ate at a delicious pizza parlor." she said "And??" Lucy insisted "We went shopping. He said it was a date but Roxanne called and he left but it's not a big deal anymore." she said with a calm voice and smiled "It was your first date and he left you!? That jerk! Wait here I'm gonna teach him a lesson!" Lucy said rolling up her sleeves.