First Date

Chapter 9 " First Date "

As soon as Ashley's parents heard the news, they came rushing into the hospital. They were so worried about their precious daughter. They asked the lady in the front desk for her room number. When they found out they ran to her room to see Kevin and Lucy sitting at a chair beside her bed. The two stood up and paid their respects. Her parents acknowledged their presence but their heart sank when they saw their daughter. She was still unconscious and weak. Her skin was paler than her original skin tone, her lips slightly regained the pinkish tint it had but with a hint of violet. A knock from the door caught their attention. "Excuse me, may I talk to her guardians?" the doctor said as she entered the room.

"Ah... yes." her parents said before exiting the room with the doctor. "Want something to eat? I'm going to the cafeteria." Lucy asked Kevin but he declined. She then got out of the room and silence fell. Kevin noticed that Ashley was kind of trembling. He fixed the blanket covering her body and tucked her in a little bit warmer with her arms above the blanket. He then brushed the strands of her silky hair behind her ear and her expression softened. He let out a low chuckle in the thought of how cute she is.
He held her cold little hand and wrapped them in his big warm ones. He felt tingles rush inside of him. He felt different when he was holding her hand, it isn't like when he's holding Roxanne's hand. He found it...weird.

He snapped out of his thoughts when he noticed that he was beginning to get tired and drowsy. He tried his best not to sleep cause he knew that she might wake up anytime. He wanted to be by her side when she wakes up and tell her about what happened to her. He wanted to know that she was alright straight from her lips. But all of that was ruined when he felt sleep take over him. He fell asleep with his head rested on the side of her bed and hands still wrapped around hers. Lucy knocked on the door but no one answered so she just went in. She was shocked to see Kevin sitting on a chair beside Ashley's bed sleeping with his head rested on the side of her bed and hands locked with hers. She didn't expect to see this kind of situation. Knowing that her best friend likes the guy, she took her phone and snapped a picture.

She squealed for only her to hear. She knew that her best friend will look like a tomato when she sees the photo. She patted her back ' Good job Lucy, good job. Ashley's so lucky to have you. ' she thought to herself. She didn't want to be a bomber so she quickly exited the room with a proud smile. A nurse came by her room to check on Ashley's stats. She also replaced her bottle of dextrose with a new one. As the nurse was putting a new needle in her wrist, she woke up because of the pain. When she woke up, the nurse smiled at her. "I'll be outside call me if you need anything." she said as she walked to the door "Thank you." she replied with a smile. The nurse then silently exited the room.

Ashley knew that she was indeed in a hospital. She was in a room with white walls and curtains. She basically knew why she was there. Her heart then started beating when she noticed the guy beside her, sleeping. She noticed how their hands were warmly wrapped around each other and she couldn't help but think that it fits perfectly. She started rubbing small circles with her thumb. She didn't want to wake him up but her actions stirred him wide awake. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up." she said as she stopped what she was doing "Nope, it's fine. I'm not really that tired." he said as he copied her and rubbed circles with his thumb "I actually liked this. I felt as if a feather was repeatedly brushed against my hand." he admitted which caused her to blush furiously.

"Um... by the way, thank you for saving me. I could have died if you didn't." she said after she cleared her throat "Actually... it wasn't me." he admitted "What? Then who?" she asked confused "It was Nick." he said in a barely audible voice but she heard him clearly seeing as they were just inches apart. Her eyes widened in surprised but she covered it with an blank look. She just nodded twice in understanding. He noticed that she was in deep thought. He felt somehow irritated knowing that she was thinking about Nick again. To snap her back, he gave her hand a light squeeze. Her eyes snapped at him and tilted her head in confusion. "Yeah... sorry I forgot." she said as she tried to break free from his hand. She thought that he wanted her to let go of his hand but doing that, he gripped it again. "I like this way better." he said "But-" he didn't let her finish and said "I can't?" giving her the puppy dog eyes, she blushed and just nodded in approval. She knew it was only because he felt worried for her so she let him.