Locked

Chapter 8 " Locked "

Ashley stayed still for a moment still in deep thought. ' Could it be that he brought an extra umbrella just for the kitten? But he couldn't possibly have the heart to care for it... Right? ' she thought in disbelief. She then snapped back to reality when she noticed that the rain suddenly stopped pouring down. "Seriously? Is this weather joking me?" she said in a mocking tone "Yup. It's playing tricks on you." she turned her head and saw Kevin slowly approaching her while holding up an umbrella. "Come on. Get up, its dirty there. Don't want your clothes to get messier." he said as he offered her his hand. She shyly took it and he helped her stand up. She took Nick's umbrella with her but she didn't tell Kevin that it was Nick's. She looked down on her clothes and saw that her skirt was all wrinkled up now. She was embarrassed that he saw her looking like that.

"Don't worry, you still look cute to me." he said as he slung his arm around her shoulders "Now let's get this little kitten home before it gets sick." he said "I can't bring it home. My father's allergic to fur." she said with a sad tone "I meant you stupid!" he pinched her cheeks once again "Hey! Stop that! It hurts you know!" she said as she separated from him "Then stop being so cute!" he yet again slung his arms around her shoulders. She blushed at his remark but she faced the other side and sighed. She knew she would eventually give in to him. He really has his way with her. "By the way, how did you find me?" she asked "Of course I know where my Ashley is. I have GPS attached on you." he bluntly said with a poker face "What!?" she started searching her clothes for it.

He laughed his heart out while staring at her dumbfounded face. "Did you seriously believe I would do that?" he said as his hand clutched his stomach and the other hand wiping his tears "You!" she narrowed her eyes at him and then stomped away. He continued following her and apologizing "Hey, I'm sorry! It's just that you're so cute that I can't help it." he said but she just continued walking like she heard nothing. He repeated it so many times yet she didn't give in. "Oh you're gonna play that game. Well, game on." he mumbled to himself with a barely audible voice. He grabbed her hand and spun her around to face him. He leaned his forehead at hers and looked at her straight in the eyes still holding her hand. She found herself holding her breath as she waited for him to say something. "I'm sorry." he said with a sincere tone still looking at her with those bright baby blue eyes.

She was indeed mesmerized with those pair of blue orbs he had. "Okay." was all she uttered because she had this feeling like she was in some trance. She instantly forgot that she was ignoring him. "Good." he said with a wide grin snapping her back to reality. He separated from her and returned to dragging her home with him. ' Curse those charming eyes. I lost, again. ' she thought as he silently walked her home. He tricked her and of course she fell for it. She then took notice of Nick's umbrella that she was holding. ' Why did I even take this with me? I could've just left it there. Stupid Ashley. ' she thought while mentally scolding herself. Reminding her that she shouldn't be involved with such a person.

>>>>

The next day, Ashley was in a rush to get to school. She woke up so early just to come to school before Nick. She knew that even though Nick bullies her, she needed to return the umbrella. Plus, she has no use for it even if she holds on to it. She came up with a plan to return it to him without him knowing. All she had to do was to come to school earlier than Nick and leave it on his desk so he wouldn't know it was her. She thought it was just that easy but she was wrong. As soon as she entered the room, she saw a bunch of girls gathered around him. Her mouth dropped and realized that all her plans were ruined.

' Why of all days must you come to school this early? Can't you just at least come ten minutes after me? Ugh... so much for putting effort in waking up early. ' she thought as she sat down on her seat. She was in the middle of planning her next strategy when someone tapped her shoulder. She turned to her side and saw Kevin smiling at her "Hello~ why the serious face?" he asked "Just thinking about stuff." she said "It's fun watching you being lost deep in your thoughts." he said "What!? You were watching? You were already here?" she asked a little flustered "Ouch, you're being cold to me Ash!" he said as he placed his hand on his chest and pretended to faint on his desk.