Fifty-four

Freddie's p.o.v:

The air became thick as I realized who these people right in front of me were.

"Uncle Austin..G-Grandma Tammi, aunt Ashley, aunt Olivia?" I was too shocked to not understand how I knew them as if , I don't even know what to say about this.

I stared at them a bit more before Gina spoke "do you know them?" 

"I can't really remember" I replied, Grandma Tammi came close to me and brought me to a hug while she cried, "oh my gosh, Freddie, it's really you" her tears wetted my shirt. But I reacted by hugging her back, soon the other three hugged me as well. 

I later remembered why Gina and I were here, "w-what happened to my mum" they all looked at one another and aunt Olivia spoke " you'll have to take a seat for this" she walked me towards the chairs from the hallway and made me sit as the rest gathered around me.

"Your mother was in a car accident" I gasped, even though everything I went through from her, hearing this stabbed me hard.

"Why, how, what." I could feel the tears slide from my cheeks.

"about a few weeks ago she went over at my house crying saying that she did something bad to you and your father and it made her realize that she wasn't the same as before and I noticed how drunk she was that night, she wouldn't ask me why or what happened she just stood quiet for a few days until ...yesterday in the afternoon I heard screaming coming from the bathroom, I found her drinking a bottle of scotch and crying again shouting how she's going to fix everything, I didn't knew what that meant all I remember is her grabbing my car keys and driving away drunk" she paused to breathe.

"I got a call in the morning of the hospital telling me she got into an accident, she didn't have your Dad's number but we found yours in her phone and that's why you're here." 

I just stood there letting all the words come into my head, I looked back at them to say something but the nurse came by interrupting me, "sorry to bother you all but I have some good news and very bad ones" they all faced her saying that they want to hear the good news first. 

" Well, we've found some bad results in her blood test apparently she had passed out due to alcohol poisoning but we were able to fix that so no worries about it" she smiled but Aunt Olivia shouted.

"THEN WHATS THE BAD NEWS" 

The nurse sighs "She,- The crash was pretty bad and it led her to lose function to both legs, I'm sorry she's paralyzed from the waist down" my mothers family gasped and cried, I couldn't say anything cause I'm too shocked hearing this.

"Are we able to see her" I asked  "yes but only two people at a time" I nod and Gina walked towards me "I'll go with you" I whispered a thanks and followed the nurse to my mothers room.

Her bed was placed over to the window where she was starting at, she turned  to face us, almost half of her face was covered in bandages.

She seemed upset seeing me here tho so glad.

"Freddie"

Eleanor's p.o.v: 

This constant week has been going so unreal, in a sick way.

I started seeing myself gain weight on my boobs and the majority of the day I spent sleeping cause everytime I open my eyes all I feel is tiredness.

"Bitch get up you've been in bed for a century" Max says busting through my door making Bruce jump up to my bed and lick my face "I'm tired" I groan pushing him away. 

"El honey you have said that for days" he touched my forehead with the back of his hand "you're not even sick" I shrugged and covered my face with a pillow "come on get up, it's a beautiful day we got the whole day planned and the first thing is to get you off this stinken bed" he grabbed my hand and had pulled me seeing my ginormous breast.

"HOLY SHIT, Eleanor did you get those done" I rolled my eyes "no it's just my period issue it's a little late but I think it'll be coming today" I tell him putting my sleepers on "well they look bigger but anyway, get dressed, we're going to the gym then shop for some sweaters and then to this new restaurant that opened up yesterday cause I gotta write an article about it for the blog of course".

With another groan I got up and soon sat back down on the bed, Max seemed to notice then held me back up so I could run to the bathroom and throw up, "this is also something that's been happening besides your tiredness" he leaned on the door side and watched me vomit but soon left and came back with a broom.

"there, there, Eleanor" he patted me with the dirty broom on my back as he was all the way over the door.

Once I flushed the toilet I got towards my sink to wash up "God El, I feel like this isn't a sickness, cause the last time I saw you like this was..." He stopped to count his fingers and gave my the worst look ever "sixteen, years, ago" 

I didn't first understand what he meant until I did the math in my head and it hit me.

"No, No I can't be"