Chapter Twenty

Draco's POV

Harry was now seven months pregnant and was waddling around wherever he went. He was cute when he dropped something and couldn't reach it. It sounds mean but because he's actually a man he'd speak in a woman's voice but when he couldn't reach whatever he dropped he would deepen his voice to a man's as he swore. It was quite the scene. I was starting to head out of the door when Harry waddles down the hall from his nap.

"You're just going to leave without giving me a kiss?" He whines as he stands at the doorway of the hall, waiting for me to go to him. I smile, walking towards him to give him a kiss goodbye. "Will you be long?"

"I'm just going to the store, Harry," I smile and kiss his forehead, smoothing the spot with my hand. I turn and in the doorway was Dumbledore and Snape, frantic and fearful eyes.

"The witch is back," Snape huffs as he looks at the Harry, his eyes traveling to his stomach. "Great timing, Potter. Malfoy!" He looks at me, aiming his wand at me. "You need to help us defeat the witch, you're the only other one."

"Of course," I say and look at Harry. His eyes were watering and he looked scared out of his mind. I walk towards him, grabbing his hands in mine.

"Don't do this, Draco... It's too dangerous," he begs. "I was barely able to escape alive and I didn't make a dent on her," the tears were dripping down his face and I could barely stand there without breaking down. I needed to be strong to get him to see that I'm not going anywhere.

"I'll be OK, Harry. I promise I'll come back," I kiss him and follow the two men out. They take me to the middle of the edge of the woods where there were wizards trying to hold the witch back. I saw Sirius as he was struck with the witch's magic, his body crumpling to the ground as he screamed in pain. I was actually in the battlefield. What was I thinking... I'm not nearly as strong as Harry is. I'm doing this for him and the baby.

Dumbledore and Snape run into the battle, wands out. I join them, using all of the spells I knew that could help us. The wand is knocked out of my hands and I was almost struck by what I believed was Avada Kedavra but a body moves in front of me and shouts out a counter spell. I look up and see Snape staring angrily down at me. He yanks me to the side and yells at me to stay focused.

"You have a family to get home to, remember that," he bites as he goes back to fighting the witch. I stumble back, unsure if I'll be able to fight. I've never truly been able to. Since Harry is at home pregnant with my child then maybe that will help me fight against her. I move forward and name spell after spell until the witch targets me, her eyes locking with mine. I can see her mouth moving but I don't know what she said until a green spell is thrown towards me. Someone shoves me out of the way and I look up to see Dumbledore falling to the ground.

I scramble towards him, trying to wake him up but his heartbeat was absent. The witch had killed Dumbledore. Because I didn't move out of the way. Because I was being a coward. I grit my teeth, standing up and running towards her to retaliate until I'm tackled to the side. I'm rolled over and look up at the woman holding me down. Feeling my heart twist when I see it was the witch. How is she here if she was just over... Oh my god. There's more than one.

"Ooh, a pure blood," she smiles, her yellow teeth showing. She runs a gross finger down my face, stopping at my lip. I try to shove her off but her hold on me was incredibly tight. "I can have a little fun with-" she's cut off by a spell casting her off of me and into a tree. I roll over and quickly get up, taking Sirius' hand as he helps me up. My father runs up and offers his assistance, joining in on the war. He fights against the witch that had just attacked me, using so many spells that I didn't know. I focus on fighting the witch with everyone else, considering she was the strongest it seemed.

"Use the freezing spell!" I hear someone shout and do just that, the lot of us using it at the same time and the witch stops in her tracks. I can see Dumbledore's body in the corner of my eye and bite my lip to keep from choking on a sob. The witch recovers quickly, growing angrier. I hear a blood-curdling scream and look to see the witch my father was fighting lying on the ground. At least one witch is down, I think before my heart sinks to my chest. The other witch sends the death spell his way and he wasn't able to deflect it in time and it strikes him.

"No!" I scream and start running towards him before two sets of strong arms hold me back. It was Sirius and Snape. I tried to break through but they weren't letting me go, telling me I needed to focus on the war. I fall backwards as I stare across the forest at the body of my father lying on the ground. I felt sick to my stomach and as more wizards were being killed by this witch, I only became more angry. I stand up, putting anger into each of my spells. I can hear Snape telling me to stop and stick to the other spells but I ignored him. The witch's wand is knocked out of her hands and she starts using wandless magic but it was draining her quickly from the amount of wizards she had to use it on.

I continue to advance on her, an angry scowl on my face as I shot spell after spell from my wand. I knew this was going to be a suicide mission but it was to avenge my father. How could she kill him in cold blood? How dare she?! I start sprinting and when she spots me, her eyes widen as her hands turn towards me. I'm thrown to the side but not by her, by someone on my side. I look up to see her magic strike Snape. He hits the ground, unable to move his muscles.

"You stupid boy," he wheezes out before the witch throws him to the side and marches over to me. I can hear yells behind me, all of them telling me to move but I couldn't, I was frozen still. Everything escalated so quickly and three people I knew were dead, one being my father. I was overwhelmed by fear. I couldn't move a single muscle.

"You're a pure blood," she smiles widely, evil intentions behind her eyes. "I could use you," she marches towards me but a large black dog attacks her. Sirius. "Get off me!" She thrashes Sirius around, slamming him against the tree to get him off her. I knew it was a diversion to get me out of where I was but I was still frozen where I sat. I heard wizards calling me to get me to move but I couldn't. When the witch throws Sirius, she marches over and grabs me. Suddenly, we weren't near the edge of the forest anymore. Actually, I didn't know where we were.

"Where are you taking me?! Let me go!" I struggle against her grip but she snarls at me, gripping tighter.

"I've needed a pure blood to finish my-" I cut her off by using a spell to throw her off of me.

"I'm not going anywhere!" I shout and take a stance, holding my wand at her. She growls, thrusting her hands at me.

"I don't want to kill you but I will!" She shouts, fury in her eyes.

"Then why don't you," I bite as I hold my wand tightly. My hands were beginning to get sweaty and her gaze didn't help. I knew I needed to get back to Harry, to my unborn child. But I was in the middle of no where and I was starting to lose hope. The witch stared at me with pure hatred, something I thought I'd only see in myself. I didn't know why she needed me and I wasn't sure if I wanted to find out. Most likely not, considering it could only be bad.

I swallow the lump in my throat, trying to calm my breathing as it started to come more rapid. The witch smirked and started to move towards me, her hands still out in front of her. I take a step back for every step she took forward but I couldn't see behind me and when I run into a tree and fall to the side, I knew I was in deep, deep trouble. I shakily hold out my wand as I saw her fingers flex. Whatever's going to happen was only going to be bad, I just knew it. This very well could be my last day. I just hope whatever happens, Harry is OK.

"Avada kedavra!"