Chapter 19

Maybe I didn’t have it so bad. At least compared to my sister. I wasn’t murdered so that I could murder somebody else, as twisted as that may sound, it was pretty much what had happened to Sierra. But something else seemed off about her to me. If I was in her place, no matter what had happened to me, I would never try to kill her. Unless somebody had messed with all my emotions.

The same went for Sierra.

She may have seemed like she was pretty rough and tough, but those who knew her well enough knew that she was pretty nice on the inside. Sierra had always hid her feelings- no matter who it may have been from.

If there was one thing that I knew about my sister, it was that she would never hurt me. End of story. She would never hurt me unless she was being coerced to do so. In fact, her being forced to hate me wouldn’t surprise me at all. And by the way my dreams were working out, she didn’t even seem to remember that we were related at all.

In the end, maybe that could be a good thing. I very well knew that I was never going to be able to kill someone who loved me as much as I loved them.

If I even could kill her in the first place.

Honestly, I wasn’t even sure if I could do that in the first place. It just kind of seemed….impossible. I don’t hurt people- or things. Ever. But apparently, in this case, I had to, otherwise it would come back to bite me in the butt. I would be dead if I didn’t fight back. Yet I still wasn’t sure if I was really up to that.

Really though, what I wished was that I had someone to help me through this completely. Even Sierra had her creepy friend to help her out, even if he didn’t seem exactly friendly most of the time. She had someone to talk her through it. Clarissa could probably help, but something told me that dumping all my problems out on her would not be the best solution for me.

And at that point, I realized that there was really only one person who could help me through this: my mom. It took me awhile to realize it, but that was really who I was yearning for. But I didn’t even know if she was alive or dead. Clarissa had told me that she was dead, but I didn’t exactly believe. Although I was sure that she would have contacted me if she were alive and able, I just didn’t think that she was able enough.

You have the strength to make it through this.

I shot straight off my bed, stunned. At this point, I was fairly certain that I was either insane or was quickly headed there. Normal people don’t hear voices in her head, but I guess I really couldn’t be classified as normal….

Don’t let anyone convince you otherwise.

This time, I didn’t freak out as I had last time. I was kind of expecting it to happen again. Instead, I tried to analyze the voice as best I could in the small sentence.

It seemed kind of homey. I almost felt like I had heard it before, and that it was one of my favorite things to listen. That didn’t make sense to me. The voice felt distant in my head, the same way I…remembered it?

Because I did remember it. It was a distant memory in my head, but I definitely knew that voice. The only problem was that I was completely unable to identify it. I guess I had heard the voice too long ago to remember exactly what it was from. Somehow, I didn’t believe it was from some sort of movie or song. A voice like this seemed much more personal and familiar.

It had told me that I had enough strength to do this and that I shouldn’t let others convince me otherwise. Call me crazy, but I didn’t think that voices generally said that. People said those things to you. They didn’t come from movies or anything like that. I had never heard those two phrases in a song either.

I knew the voice.

It might have just been there to scare me, or freak me out even more than I am freaked out right now, but somehow I didn’t think that that was the case. Even the tone of this voice told me that. It just seemed…too nice to do something like that.

At that moment, apparently I was due to have a visitor. I was glad that it wasn’t one of my “Angel Buddies” as I was now going to refer to them. It was Celine- luckily.

“Long time no see.” She spoke nonchalantly.

There was a flash of lighting, and then the boom of thunder just outside my window. Immediately, I hopped up and walked over to the window- needing to close it before rain and other things got in. Mushy bedroom carpets were not exactly things that I was fond of. Just as I reached the window I could see a crow picking at the tree branch outside- along with the eerily cool breeze coming in from the window. I slammed it shut.

In a second, I was cloaked in darkness. “Sorry about that. Every time it rains pretty badly the power goes out. Or at least most of the times it does.”

“That’s alright. I don’t mind the darkness. Do you?”

“Not particularly. Just let me get back to my bed- then we can actually start talking. I don’t want to accidently walk into you or something like that while we’re talking. That would probably end up badly.”

Celine laughed softly.

It was that laugh that shook me to the core. To most people, it might have seemed nice, or normal, but to me…. Something was just off about the way she sounded. Even when she had walked inside, she just seemed different. Her tone of voice just put me off immediately.

“Anyways, it’ll work perfectly for my situation here.”

Immediately, I started backing up into my headboard, trying to get as far away from her as possible.

“Wha-“

And then it all went black.         

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, I know. Short chapter. Very sorry about that- but I really wanted to end it here. Didn't see the point in carrying it out too far.

Don't forget to comment, vote, and fan!

XxTheDarkAngelxX