Chapter 23

An hour later we were in New Orleans. The sun was just setting, and the famous nightlife was in full swing. "Tim and Christie's condo's in the French Quarter. Let's drop off our bags and go get something to eat. I'm sure Brian is still a few hours behind us." Dustin looked at his phone and checked the directions to the condo. A moment later he pulled up to the curb. "I think this is it." The building was tall and full of old world charm. He checked the address against his phone and nodded.

I got out of the car and stretched my legs. "I love it here. We used to come a lot when I was a little girl. My dad is a big history buff."

"Do you think I'll ever get to meet your family?" Dustin pulled our bags out of the car.

"Of course," I smiled. "Just as soon as I can kiss you without going to an alternate state of consciousness."

He nodded. "Yah, I'd have a hard time explaining that to your parents with furniture flying around the room."

It was the first time we had allowed ourselves to make light of the crazy situation. It felt good to laugh about it, especially since I had the feeling things were going to get a lot more serious once we met with Savannah.

"I just want to enjoy tonight." I followed Dustin up the stairs to the door of the condo. "I'm looking forward to some jambalaya and jazz."

He grinned at me. "It's like you read my mind."

"Haha." I stuck my tongue out at him. Smart ass!

The condo was done in Victorian style, with old fashioned furniture and turn of the century interior design. I poked my head into the various rooms, finally finding a bedroom. It was done in beautiful purples, with a four-poster queen sized bed and a view of the French Quarter gem, Jackson Square. "In here!" I called down to Dustin.

He followed my voice and popped his head in the door. "Is this the room you want?"

"Are there other bedrooms?" I turned from the window.

"Yah, I think there's two more."

I shook my head. "No, this is definitely the one I want. Come look at this view."

He set his bag down and joined me at the window. He let out a low whistle. "Wow."

Twenty minutes later, we were ready to hit the town. "How about tonight we make a pact not to mention any Supernatural stuff. Let's just pretend we're regular people on a regular vacation." I linked my arm through Dustin's. To my relief, the touch didn't ignite any visions, but I wondered how long my luck would hold out.

He smiled down at me. "Sounds like a plan."

There's nothing like New Orleans at night. The lights, the parties, the people. It's hard not to get swept up in the excitement. "Where to first?" Dustin asked.

"Food!" I yelled over the noise.

He nodded, and we set out for The Gumbo Shop, one of the best jambalaya places in the French Quarter. There was a line out the door, but it was moving quickly. We stood behind a couple who had clearly just gotten married. The woman was wearing a beautiful white dress, with black detailing, while the man was in a Gothed out tux. And he was glowing bright green like a radioactive Gumby.

I leaned over and caught Dustin's eyes. "The bride is a human and the groom is an Eternal." I told him, telepathically. "Isn't it beautiful?"