Chapter 17

A/N-For those of you who are continuing readers, you may have realized that the chapter layout has changed. I have split some of the bigger chapters into smaller chunks to make them easier to read. The story is still the same, though, so thank you for your patience! Luvs as always!!

 The story is still the same, though, so thank you for your patience! Luvs as always!!

"Welcome back, Katie." My Art History teacher handed me a stack of papers. "Here's all the homework you turned in while you were out."

"Thanks Mr. Collins. I appreciate you letting me do my tests at home. Is there anything else I need to catch up on now that I'm back?"

"I talked to one of the students, and she offered to loan you her lecture notes, so you'll be ready for the midterms next week."

"Great, thanks!"

He glanced around the room. "Mia, can you come up here?"

I looked over at Dustin and gave him a "thumbs up".

I turned back to Mr. Collins, as a blond-haired girl approached us. She was tiny and had shocking blue eyes, which I noticed last, mostly because the closer she got, the brighter the yellowish gold glow surrounding her body became. "Yes, Mr. Collins?"

I took a deep breath and briefly closed my eyes. When I opened them, she was standing in front of me, and the glow had receded.

"Mia, this is Katie, the student I was telling you about."

"Oh, hi!" she grinned. "I'm Mia. I hope you're feeling better. Let me grab those notes for you."

I gave her a shaky smile. "Thanks." I followed her to her desk.

She gave me a spiral bound notebook. "Here's everything from the last three weeks. I hope they help. Maybe I could give you my number and we could get together and study this weekend."

"Sure," I nodded, still trying to shake the weird feeling that had come over me. "I appreciate it."

She handed me a little slip of paper with her name and number written on it. "Call me any time."

I put the paper in my pocket and headed back to my seat next to Dustin.

"Are you okay?" He watched me, suspiciously.

"Yah." I brushed off his concern. "Just trying to get back into the swing of things." I stuffed the notebook into my book bag, trying to steady the drumming in my chest.

The rest of the class was uneventful, but I still couldn't wait to get out of there. I was beginning to get weirded out by the strange glow emanating from random people in my life. I realized I was going to have to talk to someone about it, but I didn't want to worry Dustin. I decided to get Brian's number from Dani and give him a call. He wasn't my favorite person, but he was probably the only one who could give me an answer.