Chapter 6: decisions and goodbyes

The next day.

I woke up to my alarm screeching like a black-fronted titi, warning me about the horrid events I will encounter today.

I quickly turned it off so it didn't wake my father; I then rolled out of bed and placed my stuffy comfortably on it. Then with all the strength, I could muster, I managed to drag my body to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

The heavenly water washed my skin, the blood from yesterday trickled down my legs and pooled at the bottom of the shower. You could really see the damage done; I'm pretty sure 2 of my ribs were broke but I couldn't go to the pack doctor because that would get me into more trouble with my father.

After spending at least 15 minutes in the shower I got out.

I returned to my room in agony; every time I would take a step it would send jolts of unbearable pain. I let little water drops escape my eyes. I went to my closet and pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans, a really baggy maroon jumper, it was too big for me because I haven't really eaten a full meal in a while, on it it said "me sarcastic? Never". I left my hair down and put on black converse.

I went back to the bathroom and began shoving makeup on my face and neck, luckily my foundation was good enough to cover all the bruises.

Just when I was about to leave the bathroom a little voice said " we can always leave you know?",I jumped back at the sound. Emily, my wolf, barely ever talks to me. I replied curtly and hopelessly " he'll find us... you know that".

" he won't... please he's killing us, I'm not strong enough to help you heal anymore, One more beating and we could die. Please, I don't want to stay here anymore" she begged desperately.

We had tried to run away before, unfortunately, the pack warriors found us. My dad convinced them that the bruises were made from a rogue attack, that night was horrible.

But maybe this time we could make it...

" fine" I sighed and went to my closet once again. I picked out a few outfits and stuffed them in my bag, along with my pacifiers and the stuffy my mum got me. I then bent down near my bed and moved a floorboard. In there was a box that had around $600 from weekend jobs I have done over the years. I placed it all in my bag, grabbed my iPod and earphones and walked to school.

Playing "dandelions" by Ruth b

*time skip to last period in school *

I tapped my black ink pen on the table, my paranoid eyes glued to the clock; waiting for the bell to ring and for me to catch the bus out of here.

I was brought out of my daze when my teacher, angrily, shouted my name. " huh?" I embarrassing muttered. Everyone laughed except my teacher who was not amused in the slightest.

I was currently in Spanish and when I tell you my teacher hates me I'm not lying. I'm pretty good at Spanish. My teacher repeated herself aggressively. " what's so interesting Maddie?! I didn't think a clock could be so interesting." She glared at me directly in the eyes challenging me, I quickly averted my eyes as a sight of respect. My teacher was also a werewolf like most people in this school.

Suddenly the bell rang, dismissing me from my teacher's lethal gaze. I quickly gathered my things and dashed out of the school, heading towards the bus. I quickly paid for my ticket and sat at the back; I placed my earphones in I pressed play on my playlist. I watched as the town I knew so well began to become a distant memory. Somehow I dozed off and when I woke up I was in an unknown town, a human town.

I decided I'd get off at this stop. I began to wander around until I found a motel; I paid for a room and went to find it. It wasn't a pleasant room, however, I didn't expect better it was just a cheap hotel room. The wallpaper was coming off the walls and there was a peculiar stain on the mattress. I cringed and Emily pulled a face at it too. I still got into the bed and slept through, I was just too tired, before I slept I went into my bed and grabbed my Pacifier and stuffy. I was soon thrown into a dreamless sleep.