nine

Millie sat on Finn's bed, watching from over his shoulder as he edited the photos. After their time at the park, the group had gone back to Finn's house to watch a movie. Gaten and Noah insisted that they needed to purchase more snacks, so they had left the two others alone. 

"Are you positive that you've never done this before?" she asked him, pushing a curl behind his ear. Finn shrugged and closed the computer, turning around to face the girl.

"I've used a camera before, sure, but it's not like I've ever taken pictures seriously," he described, fiddling with her fingers. 

"They really are incredible, Finn," she enthused. He shrugged again and began pulling her off of the bed. Millie looked around the cluttered room once more before following him out the door.

They were still holding hands as they walked down the stairs, but Finn didn't have the heart to pull away. She squeezed his hand, noticing his dazed stare at their intertwined fingers, almost as if she was telling him the contact was okay. He nodded and led Millie to a leather chair, sitting her down and releasing his grasp. They sat there, staring at each other awkwardly for a while before Finn spoke. 

"Wanna dance?" he asked, a smile creeping across his face. Millie bobbed her head up and down excitedly and Finn calmly waltzed over to the record player in the corner of the room, flicking it on. A sweet melody rushed out of the speakers, and Finn began swaying, humming softly under the music. He took two long strides back to Millie, grabbing her hands in his once again. They danced circles through the room, Millie's head nuzzled into the crook of the older boy's neck.
He stopped their movement, now standing in each other's arms beside the open window. She lifted her cheek off of his shirt and Finn slipped a hand onto it.

She smiled up at him. He smiled back down at her. Slowly, Finn leaned his head against hers and she wrapped her arms around his neck. They advanced, scared and unsure until their noses were almost touching. His curls hung lightly against her forehead and she reached up to brush them away. "You're beautiful," Finn breathed out as he watched her eyes wander across his face. Millie blushed, glancing down. He placed his hand under her chin and pushed it upwards, forcing her eyes to meet with his. 

They shared a tender stare for what felt like several eternities until Millie closed the space between them, gently pressing her lips onto his. They moved together with the rhythms, holding the music between their mouths. He played her heartstrings like a violin, plucking at them each beat that the contact lasted.

"I have no idea what I'm doing," Finn said, breaking the kiss. Millie smiled against his lips and nodded. "Neither do I," she whispered. His face remained, hovering over hers, his freckles even more beautiful up close. Millie feathered a finger across his cheeks and placed several kisses upon them, the stars lining each side writing letters to her using only the constellations they created. 

"Hey guys, I found these really cool looking chips, I mean they aren't what you asked for, but like it's whatev-" Noah cut Gaten off, hitting him against the chest. Millie and Finn jumped away from each other, standing awkwardly on opposite sides of the room. "Five bucks, Gate," Noah whispered to Gaten, reaching a hand out in front of him. He groaned, fishing twenty quarters out of his pocket and dumping them into Noah's grip. "Anyways, remind me not to leave you two alone anymore," Noah said, turning back to the couple. He quickly nudged Gaten into the kitchen, watching them carefully as the two boys walked. 

The confused paid stared at one another, Millie pinching her forearm and Finn biting his lip. He stifled a laugh, knowing that this was not the time to make a joke. Millie rolled her eyes and shuffled toward the boys in the next room, pushing Finn forwards.

The group busily collected snacks together and settled onto the couch to watch a movie. Finn felt a twinge of sadness in his heart, remembering when he used to do this with Sadie and...
He shook the thought from his head, biting his lip again and returning his focus to the movie. 

"You okay?" Millie whispered to him, a concerned look on her face. Finn nodded and pulled her closer to him. He watched her wide eyes as they shifted across the screen, noticing his reflection on top of the mirror-like surface. Her eyes had always been his favorite, so curious and deep. 

They pulled him against the tide, lightly tugging at the corners of his mouth till a smile folded out across his face. In the mind of any onlooker, Finn probably looked psychotic, staring at a girl and grinning widely, but he didn't care. He felt like he had everything he could possibly need when he held her gaze.

"What kind of chapstick do you use?" Finn questioned, placing his chin on the top of her head. 

"Peach," 

He licked his lips for the hundredth time that night, trying to imagine the feeling of hers against them. 

"Oh, well, it tastes nice," he muttered into Millie's ear, causing the younger girl to giggle. 

"Yo, lovebirds, I thought we told you guys to keep the PDA to a minimum," Gaten said, peering at them over Noah's small body. 

"Right, sorry," Finn affirmed and glanced back up at the TV, holding Millie's hand against his chest.

***

AUTHORS NOTE:
sorry, this chapter was pretty short, i didn't know what else i could add to it and i kinda thought it would be nice if it was alone, i mean it is a pretty monumental thing to happen in their relationship ;)
also sorry if there are mistakes, i didn't feel like editing lol
anyways, i hope you enjoyed it!!!
thank you guys for all the support,
ilyyyyy
don't forget to vote and comment feedback!! anything you say helps me with understanding what you want to see from this book!!

thanks for reading!

- paige(and i'm really sorry for all of my long authors notes, i personally love reading them so that's why they end up like 200 words long whoops)

{3/3/2018: format revisions made! ignore this update!}