15

anna had gotten most of the school against me. but i didn't care. i couldn't be fucked with drama.

there was a new kid in school today called jade. she had never heard of panic! at the disco so that was a relief. my favourite teacher, mrs delaney, asked me and tammy to show her around.

so me and tammy were both getting badly bullied. well, hers was worse. she has bruises all over herself. she made me promise not to tell. and i never break a promise. so i couldn't. but anyway, jade didn't care about what others said. she hung with us with happiness.

i always stuck up for myself though. i'd been bullied for years and wasn't going to let myself lose again. i'd been clean from self harm for three months. it was hard but i was. i was happy that i has brendon and sarah there for me. if i didn't, god knows.

but today was wednesday. i was hoping today wouldn't be too bad. i got up and ready into this:

i did my hair and ate my breakfast

i did my hair and ate my breakfast. my parents were still asleep so i headed to school on my own, but i wrote a note first.

it was pretty early so anna wasn't outside being a stalker or anything. i headed to starbucks and got a drink. then i saw tammy on her bike on the way. i ran to her but then a few people pushed her over. they sped off with her bag laughing while she sat there crying.

"tam!" i ran over and she was crying so hard. she never cried. this was new. her leg was in a very awkward position. "i-it hurts!" she sobbed. "is she okay!?" a lady walked over. "i'll call an ambulance" i said to tammy. "no let me! stay with her!" the lady said while tammy cried in pain.

i was allowed to go with her as i was a witness. i called brendon and told him what happened and he said he'd come to the hospital later. tammy lied to the people there and said she fell off her bike. i felt horrible, having to stay quiet about it. i sat in the waiting room and quietly cried.

"hey" brendon and sarah sat on either side of me. "what's wrong?" sarah put an arm round me. "she lied. s-she didn't fall! she was pushed!" i clenched my fists, tears rolling down my cheeks. "hey no!" brendon took my hands, which now had bleeding palms. "you should have told" he added, holding them gently. "she made me promise" i whispered. "lana we know you don't like breaking promises. but this is serious. she can't walk because of these people! it's been happening for years! you need to tell" sarah said. "what kind of friend breaks a promise!?" i exclaim. "what kind of friend won't help their friend out?" brendon shot back, making me shut up.

i went to see her after. and she had a broken leg and bruises all over both her thighs. "oh my god!" i started to cry again. "oh i'm fine! it could have been worse!" she said brightly. "tammy no! okay! i'm sick of lying for you! this is serious! you need to tell someone!" i exclaimed. she was taken aback by what i said. "think of all the people who love you. me, your mom, your two brothers, your grandparents, even my fucking parents! we can't stand seeing you like this anymore!"

"lana no! you can't tell! no one knows...expect you and you family" she said guiltily. "my moms having a hard time and my little brother is rebelling! my grandfather had Alzheimer's! they don't need more stress!" she added.

"i'm sorry. but i'm your friend and i have to do what's right" i said to her. "lana no! if you walk out of that door then i'm never speaking to you again!" she cried out. "fine. i don't care if we can't be friends, your happiness is more important"

and i walked out of the door.