Expected Surprise

Chapter 17

Note: Scarlett and Ace's ship name is Scarce. Came up with it myself.

“They’re in here!”

“Are they awake?”

“No!”

“Kill them!”

My eyes fly open and just in time I jump off the bed. A sword thwacks down at where I was just laying. My eyes fly to the attacker; Amelia. She’s standing on top of the bed. Her hair is more frizzier than ever and her eyes are hungry. There’s a sword in her hands. Around her waist are a bunch of more weapons on her belt.

She smiles at me, showing her fangs. “Well, well, well. The number one ranker and the vampire. Who knew?”

I snarl at her, then look to the sleeping Ace. “ACE! WAKE UP! PLEASE!” I cry out desperately, but it’s no use. If he didn’t wake up from that, I don’t know what will.

She looks down at him, the smile still on her face. “Say goodnight to your boyfriend, Scarlett.” And before she can thwack the sword down, Ace wakes up, kicking her down with his feet. He must’ve been awake the entire time. She falls onto the bed and he pins her down, taking the sword from her hands and throwing it to me. I run over to him. He looks at me with the most serious face I’ve ever seen him wear.

“Get dressed. Now.”

Without hesitating, I rip my shirt off, throwing on the one I had from yesterday. I throw my jeans on, sword still in hand. I don’t care if he’s watching or not, right now’s not the time. “In my closet, Scar. Grab me a shirt and there should be extra weapons in there.”

He’s holding her down like she weighs a feather. She’s trying to escape, but to no use. There’s screams coming from downstairs, and a lot of smashing of items. I ignore it and run into the closet. He’s right; tons of weapons. Including the ones he took from me when we first got here. I find my belt and loop it through, loading it up. I grab weapons for him, and a shirt.

I run back, tossing him the shirt. He’s not on top of Amelia anymore. She’s knocked unconscious; he probably punched her in the face. He throws the shirt over his head, and he takes the weapons I handed him. “Follow me and be completely silent, alright?”

“I told you they knew. I told you.”

“Later, Scar.”

No matter how badly I want to chew him out, I don’t. I can wait for that. He opens the door slowly, gun cocked and at the ready. He steps out, and I follow him. He peers over the railing and I do the same. Riker is down there, fighting off Graham. Lexi is there too, only fighting off Lex. I don’t see Piers, but with the noise that’s going on in the next room, I’m pretty sure he’s here.

Ace looks to me. “I’ll go downstairs. You find Piers. Get everyone together, grab the keys to the car, and go, okay?”