Chapter One.

My hand shakes as I reach out to grab the doornob. I really don't want to do this. I can't believe my mother & I moved from the beautiful city of LA to the boring state of Nebraska. Like really? I left behind great memories, friends, and family. As of right now I have nothing.

I freeze as I walk into the middle of a lesson. This is exactly what I didn't want to do. I am rudely greeted by a group of guys in the back of the classroom hollering and wolf whistling. I suck in my breath and try not to roll my eyes- I need to start this day off right. I walk over to the teachers desk nervously.

"Ahh," He smiles, "You must be the new girl." I nod.

"Welcome to Omaha Westside High School, Miss. My name is Mr. Riggs, your english & language arts teacher." He greats polietly as we shake hands. "Everybody this is our new student Skyler. Please make her feel welcome."

"Oh I'll make her feel welcome alright." The tall dirty blonde one with the snapback smirked, the rest of the guys in the corner 'ooh'-ing at him and exchanging high fives. Boys.

The teacher seemed to not even notice his sudden outburst, he just kept shuffling through his papers. Maybe he's used to teenagers, I think to myself. "Let me just find the seating chart and I'll tell you your new seat.." He mumbles as he goes through the stacks and stacks of paper on his desk.

I look around the room and search for any open spots, and I find two. One is in the far right corner of the room, and it's next to the window which showed the tree's and flowers surrounding the nearby neighborhood. The other seat of course- not so great. It's in the far left corner of the room, right behind the group of guys. I silently pray to myself that I get the window seat, not wanting anything to do with those jerks.

"Ah ha, here it is. You are right behind Mr. Wilkinson ma'am." My heart shatters and my mind screams. Of course he gave me that seat. Why why why is all I can think as I pad over nervously to my new desk. I slide into the chair and sigh. I hate this already.

"Nice dress hot shot." The one with the dark brunette hair with a few blonde highlights winked. His eyes were a gorgeous bright blue- he was really attractive. "Shows off your tits nicely." My mouth gapes open and I gasp, the guys laughing. Well there goes that attraction.

"Hmph," I pout as I pull up my floral spring dress, shifting uncomfortably in my chair.

"So why exactly did you come here? In like- the middle of the year? Not that I'm complaining or anything." Another brunette smirked as he leaned back in his chair. I noticed that he had braces covering his white teeth, but you can clearly tell he tries to hide them.

"My mom got a new job so we had to leave Cali and come... here." I state with a bit of disgust in my voice.

"Oh we got a good one here boys," The short blonde one with the shaggy quiffed-up hair smiled as they all smirked. What is with them?

I felt as if the period couldn't have ended any slower, dreading every second I was hit on by those stupid guys. Finally I was saved by the bell and they all pilled out of the classroom. I gather all of my things and rush out of the class.

I look down at my schedule and notice that lunch was next. Great. I look up and I run into a tall figure, dropping all of my stuff and falling hard to the ground.

"Ohmygod, are you okay?" A deep but calming voice asked, putting down his stuff to help pick up mine.

"Yes, thank you. I'm alright." I shake it off and I grab his hand, helping myself up.

"Hey, your the new girl.. I saw you in English class." His smile was warming and I slowly melt. He is gorgeous. "I'm Shawn."

"Hi," I smile shyly, shifting my supplies to rest on my left arm.