Chapter Fifteen: Scars

Sorry for taking so long to update... I had a huge bout of writer's block, but I hope this update makes up for it. :) I have so many new followers that I would love to thank and also old ones too. Thank you for getting The Wish up to 200+ reads! Well enough rambling, enjoy!

_________________

Camille

"I got here as soon as I could." Kiri said as she bustled into the room to join Lucy, Abby; who had just arrived, and me.

"I want to know what is going on." I said, still flustered, "I mean, who on earth would start these rumours? How do I get rid of them?"

Kiri shrugged, "I don't know, but they claim that you guys have been seeing each other since before you started dating Layon and that you made it to second at least..." She cut herself off.

"Is this what you have all heard?" I ask. They all nod. All three of them, without any hesitation. "So everyone thinks that I was with Quentin? Everybody."

"And that's a bad thing?" Kiri butts in. We look at her as a blush slowly creeps across her face. "Uh... I mean it could be worse. He's good looking..."She cut herself off as her blush deepened to a deep red.

"Now everyone at school thinks I'm cheating on my boyfriend with my best friend and both these boys are mad at each other. I really don't see how this could be worse."

_________two days later________

Despite it being the first weekend that I spent entirely alone and at home since I began dating Layton, it went by quite quickly. I wasn't happy when my alarm blared Monday morning.

Sasha Jumped off of my bed and followed me to my closet. "Sasha, what would you do?" I sighed and sat in my office chair at my desk, placing my head in my hands. "How am I supposed to face the ENTIRE school?"

Sasha sat there with a wide-eyed glance and her head on an angle to the one side. I looked at her and laughed. "Sasha, I wish I could be like you in times of trouble, carefree and happy."

I spun myself around in my office chair and came back to face Sasha. She whimpered and came to sit at my feet. I placed her in my lap and whispered to her as I ran my fingers through her soft black fur. "I know it's just a rumour, and it's not true, but I also know that there's no way that me and Lucy alone can set the record straight to the 300 or more students that go to the school."

I got up and fixed the blankets on my bed before deciding on something to wear. I put on a green and black plaid shirt and jeans and brushed through my red and knotted hair.

"Why did I decide to wear makeup and nice clothing when I'm going to face the school?" I hoped that after a weekend of thought the school would have forgotten about it, but I was wrong.

I approached my locker slowly and when I did a posse had formed. "You didn't get enough pleasure out of trying to steal my boyfriend and decided to now go cheating on your boyfriend." I didn't have to look up to know it was Debby talking.

"I've always told you this would happen Deb." Ruby said as she looked down at her hands inspecting her nails. She shrugged and brought her hand up. I backed up instinctively as someone grabbed her wrist.

"Ruby, she's not worth it."

Ruby spat in my direction before heading off with Debby down the hall. I backed up into someone's hard, muscular chest and turned around.

"Hey there gorgeous." He said snaking his hands down my arms. I gave him a push, but he was unmoved.

He bent in and kissed my cheek, letting his face hover inches from mine and whispering in my ear, "Just remember if ever you get bored of the new guy I'm here."