• Chapter 8 : It's Always Too Cheesy With You •

Chapter 8: It's Always Too Cheesy With You

'I don't have enough time, Zayn'

Liam's words from that day keep haunting him. He released a sigh as he waited outside Liam's doctor, Mr Lee 's cabin. His hands were cold holding Liam's medical file. He stood up when he saw the doctor walking towards the cabin, talking to the Nurse.

The doctor upon seeing Zayn sighs in annoyance, "You're back again?? Are you retarded or what!?" Zayn kept his mouth zipped just because of the sake of the doctor. He stood there in place as he held the files in front of him.

The doctor's gaze fell over the file as he sighs once again, " I've given you my final answer before; his days are limited, HIS SURVIVAL IS NOT POSSIBLE!" Zayn's fists curled into balls as the knuckles turned white. The doctor just keeps poking his temper.

"You can start looking for someone else. Now please, don't waste my time." And that was it for Zayn to lose the temper he was holding in. He pushed the doctor against the wall by the collar, almost lifting him off the ground;

"What kind of doctor are you, huh!?! What kind of Doctor are you!??" He throws off the nurses who try to pull him off the doctor;

"Who do you think of yourself!?! You're no God!! You're no God to say he can't live!! Treat him or else-"

"If I could wouldn't I treat my wife as well !?!?!" The doctor struggled through the grip as Zayns eyes softened just a little;

"Two years ago with the same sickness-" He couldn't complete his sentence but it was enough to tell what happened. Zayn tried calm his breathing as he drops his hands from the doctor's collar.

The doctor tried to regain his breath as he slides down the wall to the floor. He sees Zayn's guilty and heartbroken look, now feeling a little guilty about his comment;

"Trust me, I would've done that long before if I could."

Zayn felt as if thousands of needles poked his heart. He picked up Liam's files as he began to walk away, hope slowly leaving his body.

The doctor contemplates his thoughts for a moment. He swallowed a lump in his throat before speaking, "If you really want to try-" Zayn stops in his tracks, "- there's a doctor in London. He's a very reputed doctor. Now, I can't guarantee he can treat Liam-" the doctor bites his tongue but noticing Zayn still quite he feels safe to continue, "-The treatment is very expensive, but he's you're only chance. He couldn't help save my wife, we were too late, but I think you guys can try. Liam should get admitted there as soon as possible." The doctor gets up and hands Zayn a card with address and name of the doctor;

Dr. Styles
Saint Winston Hospital, London.

Zayn mumbles a little a thank you as he goes back to his car. He's conflicted right now, his brain is storming with questions, what is he supposed to do now? Do they still have enough time? Will the doctors even agree to treat him, But most importantly,

How will he make Liam come to London?

***

Zayn stopped the car outside the orphanage where Liam volunteers. His mind is racing with thoughts on how to bring Liam to London. Liam had already accepted his departure and this is the biggest problem. His own will to live is important. Zayn smiles at the irony of how he himself didn't have the will to live and now here he is, trying to give something he thought he didn't have.

Liam smiled at the black Cadillac as he walked out of the building. He pulled his coat closer to him as he smelled the after rain smell of the ground in the air. The weather in the city was always so unpredictable, the whole day it was raining cats and dogs and now the air is filled with this faint whitish fog. Liam rubbed his cold hands together as he walked towards the car.

His smile drops when he sees the car still locked.l Zayn is lost in deep thought with a frown on his face as Liam sighed inside. This is exactly what he was afraid of, Zayn is worried of him. Don't take him wrong, he really appreciates Zayn's concern for him, but there's nothing really they can do than to just live the remaining time he is left with. He doesn't want to waste even a second for depressing thoughts and worries. He's accepted his end and just wants to get the best out of it before it all ends. He mentally slaps himself for fainting yesterday, although deep inside he knows it was not something he could control, but seeing Zayn like this just scares him more, because his departure is going to hurt Zayn. He wants to hurt as least people as possible.

He pushes the thoughts away, just like every time, and taps on the window. He earns Zayn's attention by the action as he tries to give him an reassuring smile. Zayn, as if still stuck in his thoughts, stares blankly at the lad. Liam feels a pinch at his heart before something occurs inside his mind.

He drags his finger against the dew Frost on the window and draws a smiley face. He rests his finger against the nose of the smiley, and motions Zayn to do the same. Zayn, although hesitantly, rests his finger against Liam's with the glass in between as a smile breaks over his face. He finds all these childish things Liam does very... Amusing? It's like he's reliving his own childhood that he had lost to guns and drugs.

Liam cracks a smile as well on seeing Zayn grin. He's glad he was able to pull Zayn back on the track, but now he's genuinely worried, what would happen if there's no one to pull him back on the track again when he's gone?

***

Liam couldn't help his thoughts wander back to the darker side of the reality. Things are slowly getting out of place. He knew something like this would happen, but he didn't bother prepare for it Everything has started to become awkward, he knows Zayn had started to get worried for him, and it's now visible even when they're together hanging out. He wants things to go back the way they were when he would annoy Zayn with his silly jokes and Zayn would roll his eyes in response or would reply with a snarky comment.

Both Liam and Zayn aren't enjoying the beautiful view of the beach. The sky is painted orange, with a tint of purple and pink. The sunsets are always so beautiful. Liam sighs, he knows he has to break the silence, Zayn is too awkward to be the one to do so.

"Zayn?" He asks shifting in his place a little so he could face him easier. He receives an 'mm-hm?' in response accompanied with a little nod.

He takes his journal out of his backpack and hands it over to Zayn, "I want you to keep this." He starts, and on seeing Zayn's confused look, he rests his head on his shoulder so he doesn't have to face him. Facing him is only going to make him cry;

"I want you to keep this so wh- If I leave before I could, yknow, complete these wishes you could complete them for me, yea?" He explained as Zayn listened to him silently.

"But don't worry, you're not getting rid of me so easily-" he grins cheesily, "- I'll be around somewhere or the other, I don't know if you believe in all this, but I'll be there. Always." He scrunches his nose at his speech;

"Too cheesy, innit?" He forced a little laugh as he feels a little weight of his chest when Zayn puts the journal closer to his chest in response. Zayn laughed a little at his statement;

"It's always a little 'too cheesy' with you."

*****

Oh look at me, silly me, silly SILLY me, being so cheesy only to hurt myself in the end.
.
Anyway a little fluffy chapter 'cause I just got addicted to 'perfect' by Ed Sheeran and I'm now a little emotional.
.
Anyway, remember: you leaving little comments on the chapters could help with a little encouragement, yknow?  (Come on guys it's free it doesn't cost money)
.
Anyway, love to all my cutie readers who put up with my regular shitty updating schedule (: <3 Y'all dope asf :-*
.
~S💕