• Chapter 5: Good luck •

__________________

Chapter 5: Good Luck

Zayn dragged his feet into the room as he places his car keys on the table. His eyes roam around their empty and dark flat. It wasn't home anymore. Everything was scattered on the ground. Broken pieces of glass, furniture, paper, Liam's origami crafts and-

Liam's journal.

His breath hitched as he slowly dropped down to his knees to see the journal. He whimpers as his eyes fell on the page that was opened. There on the page, was the picture of him Liam had clicked this morning. A stray tear slides down his cheek as he swallows a sob and closed his eyes shut, the picture of Liam in the car clicking that photograph flashes in his mind.

"Zee?" Liam called out from the car, nervously. He'd been more anxious about this day then Zayn himself. Zayn smiled and turned around to face him.

"Good luck"

"Thanks babe."

Zayn released the sob he held back.

"Simon killed Liam."

His pain turns into anger as his moist eyes shot open at Drew's voice ringing. He felt betrayed. His own people. His hands curled into fists and he could feel his blood boiling.

Simon.

***

The dock carried out their everyday work. It was like the calm before the storm. At the dock, Simon sat on his arm chair, a cigar in his hand as he flipped through some important papers. They're losing all their deals and it's ruining the whole business. The rivals had been beating them in every business and this stressed Simon out more than ever.

Louis entered the cabin, panting, without any knock or greet. Simon gave him a look for this before telling him to leave him alone, for he's busy.

"Zayn's here." Louis panted as he told Simon that one of the men saw Zayn outside. His tone held a little excitement before asking Simon what are his next orders. Simon closes the file in his hand as he blew out smoke from his mouth.

"Arm up the guard." He ordered as he stood up from his arm chair and walked towards the window. Louis frowns at, questioning Simon's behavior, but doesn't bother asking anything and leaves.
Simon sighed as he took in another Puff of his cigarette, "Welcome back, Zayn." He said to no one before crushing his cigarette on the ash tray.

Zayn jumped over the fence into the dockyard. His mind rang with nothing but rage. The burning rage inside him was taken out on all the guards that came in his way. From wooden boxes to bare hands, he used everything to put out the fire inside him but it didn't worked. Instead, it doubled when he saw Simon watching him from the top. He stole one of the men's gun and in a minute he was infront of Simon holding the gun pointing at him. On this, the guards held their guns at Zayn. The other guard loads his gun to shoot Zayn before Simon shouts and pushes the guard away, causing the guard to shoot the floor.

"Keep that gun away." He glares at the guard as he takes a long breath, and turns to Zayn. "Zayn-" he sighs , "- I knew you were the Lion of the gang." He says as he curses his weaker men.

"Why did you killed him?" Zayn growled cutting through the bullish*t. His eyes almost turned red from the anger. Simon gives him a look of disbelief, "What? What did you say, Zayn? Do you really think I killed Liam?" He asked in disbelief.