v. Mom

v. Mum

| Hailey's of View |

"How are you feeling?" I ask the woman lying in bed, a cool washrag on her forehead and a blanket covering up just about all of her except for her head and chest.

"As any one going through type four cancer. Like shit" She jokes and sends me a weak smile. I smile back at her, happy that she still has some sort of humor even though she's dying.

"Do you need anything?" I ask. I ask her the same questions every time I see her. She changes her answers every once in a while but they all mean the same thing.

I'm fine.

I don't need anything.

I'm okay, but I feel like shit.

"No thank you, I'm fine" She answers. "I guess I'll finally be out of your fathers hair then huh?" She chuckles but ends up coughing at the end.

"Fuck him. If you leave me I'm going to be so clueless and helpless and alone!" I frown and start to worry as I think of everything that could happen when my mum passes away.

"Michael will be with you" She points out and I nod. "Where is that boy anyway?" She changes the subject and looks around me for him.

"He's in the living room, I'll go get him" I walk out of her room, towards the living room. If you have never been in my house you'd definitely forget who's room is whose. They all look the same except for the bed spreads but those get mixed up every once in a while.

"Michael" I call out.

"In here!" he yells back.

I follow his voice into the living room to find his face sucked up to the computer. I walk over to him and reach behind the computer to turn it off. The screen goes completely black and Michael turns to look at me.

"What the hell Hailey! I almost reached 1300 on piano tiles" He whines causing my to roll my eyes at him.

"My mum is in there dying and wanting to see you and you're out here playing on the computer" I scold him.

"Way to pull the guilt card, Hails" He sighs and gets up from his seat.

This time, Michael walks with me to her room. I softly knock on her door before walking in, Michael close behind me.

"Hey mum" Michael smiles and walks up to the side of her bed. He leans down for her to hug him and he kisses her cheek.

He's not really her son, he's just been with us for years and he's like her son, my brother and sure as hell acts like it.

He also forgets the fact that him older then him too. If it was up to Michael and my mom I wouldn't date a single person or work at the bar. But thankfully, I get to choose how to live my life and they accept that.

"We need to visit Hawaii before I die!" Mum exclaims pulling me from my thoughts. I raise a brow at her shocked, why Hawaii?

"How come?" I ask when I walk over and sit at the edge of the bed beside her.

"Because I want to die there" She states "not Savannah, Georgia" She huffs, and I roll my eyes at her, but smile.

"Yeah okay, I'll ask James" I nod and pull my phone out.

"You mean your dad?" Michael corrects me with a question. I roll my eyes at him and shake my head.

| Michael's Point of View |

The stubborn child in front of me calls her dad. She won't call him dad though. Why? Because he walked out and she's great at holding grudges. I would know!

In first grade I took her juice box and she wouldn't talk to me for a week! a whole week for just one juice box!

Second grade I broke her crayon and threw it away, to this day she won't let me use any of hers. She even bought me my own pack!!

Fourth grade I didn't give her a piece of gum so she used that as an excuse all the way to 8th grade.

Sixth grade I forgot to buy her a birthday present by accident after the first one got ran over. It was a puppy! just kidding it was a stupid record player. So she wouldn't buy me anything for a year.

Eleventh grade I broke her phone and had to buy a new one. She doesn't let me touch the one she has now!

But we are in the present, something she can't seem to remember!

"He said sure" Hailey says as she hangs up and places her phone back in her back ass pocket.

"Great, shall I help you pack?" I look back over to mum and she nods great fully at me. "It would be much help"

You would think that from the amount of time in over here that they're my real family, and that mine is like my great friends or some shit.

The next half hour the three of is are packing. We pack clothes to last us a month at most. Hailey has three bags, none of them involving makeup. Thankfully she's not one of those types of girls. I only have two since well, I'm pack a month worth of clothes, and mum only has two like me.

"We leave tomorrow" Hailey informs us before leaving the room. I send a smile to mum before quickly following after her.

Hailey is sitting down on the couch with her head in her hands. "you okay?" I ask as I walk over to her. I sit down beside her and wrap my arms around her, pulling her into my lap.

"What am I going to do?" she sighs as she leans her head against my shoulder.

"What do you mean?" I look down at her and she shakes her head.

"James-"

"Dad" I correct her and she rolls her eyes, but can't hide me smile from me.

"Well he, said we can stay as long as mum isn't there" A frown takes over her pretty little face, mine mirroring hers. Fuck him and his stupid rule!

I shrug "Fuck him! just don't tell him, I mean she's dying anyway he could at least be kind enough to let her stay!"

She nods. "He said the tickets should get here tomorrow morning. Some dude is gonna drop it off"

"How many?"

"Four, enough for each room in the house"

I nod. That make sense I guess. That rich fucker. Hailey giggles and I realize I said it aloud. whoops.

"Watch that mouth of yours child" Hailey's mom scolds me as she comes around the side of the couch. She smiles at the two of us and hands each of us a lollipop.

Hailey doesn't bother moving when she opens her lollipop. I move my arm around over her head and unwrap mine before popping it into my mouth.

"You two go get some dinner" Mum shoos us up off the couch and out of the door. "Need anything?" Hailey asks. Mum shakes her head before shooing us again before closing the door.

"Bojangles?" I ask Hailey, already knowing her answer. She looks over at me, a large smile on her face.

"Do you even have to ask?"

.....................................................

A/N

She loves Bojangles

He loves Bojangles

I love Bojangles

We all love Bojangles!

And for those of you who ask and didn't read my 1st chapter through, I'm 13. I turn 14 in november. I get asked that a lot but I ask a few people too.

Read<--- Thank you :)