Chapter 22: The Dancing Titan

Start from the beginning

The first person she remembered he walked up to a petite blonde boy with shoulder-length hair and sky blue eyes.

"You! Who are you?!" Keith shouted.

"Armin Arlert, from the Shiganshina District, sir!" the boy replied with a nervously-pitched voice.

"I see! What a ridiculous name! Did your parents give it to you?!"

"My grandfather did, sir!" The Sergeant bent down to get a closer look at the quivering boy.

"Arlert! Why are you here?!"

"To help humanity achieve victory!"

"That's wonderful to hear! We can feed you to the titans! Third row, about face!" He grabbed Armin's head and twisted his body around to face the others who stood behind him.

Next was a blonde boy with a stone face. "And who are you?!" Keith asked once again.

"Sir! Thomas Wagner, from Trost District!" he answered, slamming his right fist above his heart.

"I can't hear you!"

"Thomas Wagner!"

"Go practice in a barn!"

"Yes, sir!"

He broke soldier after soldier.

The scene was both entertaining and a bit pitiful as Sasha Braun had even offered to share half of her hot and steamy potato—fresh out of the oven—with the Sergeant, but it only angered him even more.

Though he had gone over to Sasha, the "Rite of Passage" was not over yet. The boy next to her, a brunette with emerald eyes was sweating and fidgeting with his fingers—it was obvious he thought he was going to get spoken to. Unfortunately, right after Sasha's small incident, Keith decided to show her the true meaning of shame.

"You!" he addressed rudely, towering over Chi like a titan itself. "Who are you?!"

"Chisaki Matsumoto, from the Shiganshina District, sir!" she answered, placing her fist on her chest.

"Shiganshina?! And why are you here?!"

Chi's expression darkened as a shimmer flashed in her golden eyes. "To kill all of the titans." The boy next to her seemed as he was going to rock off of his feet; his eyes widened to the size of saucers.

"Kill them?! You won't be able to do anything with a weak body like this!" Keith raised a fist and aimed it directly towards Chi's stomach, but she stopped his fist with hers before he could pummel her.

"My body is not weak," she insisted, furrowing her brows.

"How dare you disrespect a former commander to the Corps!" Keith roared, another strike aimed for her head. She tilted her head to the side, dodging his fist and grabbing his wrist as it passed her face.

"Hey," she snapped with a fierce intensity. It was obvious that this girl was not anything like the others. "I came here to train so that I could kill. I didn't ask for you to treat me like this. But if this is what it takes to get into the Corps, yell all you want. I'll yell the hell back!"

Chi released the Sergeant's limbs stiffly and returned to her salute, flicking her head to move a stray piece of hair out of her eyes. Keith stared at her with an expression like rock, but an amused glimmer appeared in his eyes.

A small grimace turned upon his lips as he pivoted to leave and take down another Trainee, but not before he annouced, "Very well, Chisaki Matsumoto. Do as you must."