The News

*Michael P.O.V.*

We watched the field for a while. We saw Soul as she laid on the ground. We had someone take Aileen to the pack house to get some rest and get checked by the doctor.

"Hey look!" Someone said. We all looked at Soul began to push herself off the floor into a crawl position. She started to crawl towards us.

She woudld stop every so often. She would whisper to herself and then go on.

"Come on baby." I whispered.

I wanted to jump out and pick her up and get her help.

She was a few feet from us when her body gave out on her and she fell to the floor.

She laid there before she laid on her stomatch and then move onto her back.

Her breathing seemed to be really hard. I could tell by her body language she couldn't take much anymore. Her body was ready to give out.

I looked at a guy.

"How far is she?" I asked him.

"at least 7 maybe 8 feet after these bushes." He said to me.

"We need to get her. She needs help" I told Ashton. He nodded.

"I'll get someone over there to her." He said to me and left.

"She won't make it if we don't." I whispered.

Everything seemed to be a blur. Before I knew it Ashton had a warrior crawling over to her. And then they were here.

The warrior placed her soflty on the ground next to me.

I fell to the ground and put her head on my lap.

I touched her face as if she were made of porcelain.

"Open your eyes Soul... Please." i whispered to her. Tears rolling down my cheeks.

She wasn't opening her eyes. She wasn't breathing.

She was too still.

"Don't do this to me Soul god dammit wake up Soul I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being such an idiot for letting you go for not being there for you! I'm sorry. I need you." I said as I cried.

Everyone remained silent even Ashton who stud besides me.

"I can't loose you I can't." I said to her. "Just open your eyes for me."

She couldn't be... She couldn't be dead.

"Michael we have to move." Ashton said to me. I growled at him.

"They will come after us we have to move to the pack house were we are going to be safer." He said to me.

"Safe? You call this safe! She's dead! Soul was killed by those murders and you say we'll be safer there? Are we truly ever safe being who we are?" I said to him.

"I know you are hurt by her death but you can't show weakeness your pack needs you now. THe kids will need you now. Soul would have wanted better Michael she gave her life for that girl." He said as he looked at Soul. "She gave her life because it was her pack... her family... everyone before her just like alpha does the same thing. Soul did the same as a Luna. She gave her life for the well being of her pack and family."

"Lucile is still out there watching over us. She's the key to this we take her out..." I said lookign at him. "They loose the advantage over us they become as blind as we are and then we take our shot and take them out."

I looked at her fragile motionless body.

"We have to get back home and make patrol check the pack house and make sure she isn't there we have to secure the pack... Michael I know it hurts, but Soul wouldn't want us to be wasting time here fighting and crying over her death... she would want us to be strong and stop this protect the pack." he said to me. I nodded.