"He's just a product of his environment." Zeke finishes for him and Shiloh nods his head. "Just like you. Your circumstances made you do things I'm sure you're not proud of. But, Shiloh, there comes a time when we want better. Do you think Travis do? Or is he complacent?"

Shiloh shrugs. "We'll see."

    The truck slowly comes to a halt. Zeke looks to see that they are outside of the apartment complex.

He places his phone into his pocket and looks at Shiloh. "As my wife said, prepare for a rejection."

    "I don't need to." Shiloh says before getting out of the truck.

Zeke lets out a sharp breath before getting out as well. Some of the residents were out, obviously being nosey. An expensive vehicle appears in the hood and everyone needs to know who's in it.

     Zeke looks around as he follows Shiloh up a flight of stairs. He gives the residents a polite smile, sticking his hands into his pockets.

He could hear babies crying and mamas fussing. The memories of his own childhood neighborhood reappeared.

     Oddly, it made him smile.

"Damn, he fine as hell." He hears one woman say.

     "Ain't it? He got money too. You see that truck. Wonder how Truth kno' him. Must be a new drug dealer."

Shiloh shakes his head at the nosey women and appears in front of Travis's door. He bangs on it before glancing at Zeke, who's now leaning on the rail.

    When there's no answer, Shiloh bangs again. "I'm comin!" A lady's voice yells.

Shiloh takes a step back as the door swings open. A frail lady appears, and smiles as her eyes lands on Shiloh. "Truth, wassup? Whea you been?"

    "Around. Is Trav hea?"

The lady looks at Zeke then back at Shiloh. "Who that? He got some on 'em?"

    Shiloh shakes his head. "He ain't no drug dealer, Harmony. Is Trav home or what?"

Harmony keeps her eyes on Zeke as she calls Travis's name. Zeke looks at her through his shades, unmoved by her flirtatious looks. Seconds later, Travis appears shirtless with a pair of shorts on.

   It looks like he's just waking up from a nap. "Gone ma, I got it." He pushes his mother out of the way, shaking his head. A smile appears on his face as he sees Shiloh. "Wassup nigga? I thought yo ass got kidnapped or some."

Shiloh laughs. "Nah. He still livin' here?"

   "Who? Ya step pops?" Shiloh nods. "Hell yeah his fat ass still here. Where y'all at?" Travis looks over at Zeke. "And why he here?"

"To help." Shiloh looks at Travis. "Naomi's parents wanna help us get out this dump."

"They don't kno' me." Travis says without looking away from Zeke.

Zeke walks up to the door, extending his hand. "I'm Zeke Ingram." Travis looks down at his hand before folding his arms across his chest. "Good, I hate shaking hands anyway. Listen, Shiloh came here to bring you with him. My wife has programs to help families like yours."

    Travis scoffs and shakes his head. "Bruh what? I ain't no charity case. Shiloh ain't either." He looks over at Shiloh. "You think they care? They don't. They just tryna look good."