Chapter 23: Friendship of a different kind

Florence's POV

Today was Seth's birthday, and i was excited, i loved parties. It took me most of the morning with the help of Esmee to find the perfect dress to wear. I wasn't trying to impress anybody but i wanted to look AMAZING! Which i usually do anyway. I haven't dated anyone before, but i've had crushes. There once was a sort of boyfriend. But... that didn't work out so much, left me heartbroken, and i never thought about anyone else, ever since.

He was an amazing guy, when you first get to know him. And he was so handsome. He flirted with me, we spent heaps of time together, and we had feelings for each other. Until he used me and abused me....

Stop thinking about it I thought to myself. I shook my head and looked at the mirror again, my shoulder length red hair was up in a bun, with curl strands hanging on the side of my face. Esmee stood beside me, holding up the dress i was going to wear. We still have 5 hours until the party, but we finally found something in the back of my closet. It was light grey and strapless dress. The bust was slightly heart shaped, and had vertical ruffles, with a line through the middle.The skirt were layers of ruffles. I absolutely loved this dress, and so did Esmee. We both knew it was perfect when i first put it on.

"It's perfect." Esmee said, holding it up and then turned to hang it off a hook in my closet. "We have plenty of time to spare, what do you want to do?" She asked. I thought about it for a moment before answering, "Do you want to watch some Bones?" I asked, it was the first thing that popped into my head, and i kind of agreed with it. Whenever i was with Esmee i felt like i could be myself, completely. I mean, yes i felt like myself around all my other best friends, but there was something about Esmee that made me always want to turn to her about something. Same with her end.

"Sounds good to me, you know i have a gut feeling that Seth is going to ask Juliet out today." She said, throwing me off guard. "You think so?" I asked, it would be so cute. The two of them were perfect together, and i couldn't imagine it any other way. "Yes, it would be so romantic." She said, going into her own dreams. I patted her shoulder, which was up where my chin was. "Our time will come, maybe i'll get a boyfriend like Jeremy in Vampire Diaries, we could go hunting vampires and such." I laughed, Esmee laughed aswell. "I would want someone like... Peeta from the Hunger Games. Now that would be soo nice." She smiled and i laughed, we both had our perfect boyfriends in mind, ofcourse they were all characters from a tv show or book.

We both shook our heads and walked out of my room, leaving behind the mess we made. We walked down to the living room, and i put my dvd in for Bones. We settled down, and started watching it when my older sister, Tamsin, she was 19, and graduated last year; came in. She's going to university, but staying here. She's the best sister i've ever had, although i've never had any other sister. But she helps me through anything really. And i'll always be there for her. She was almost like my own best friend.

She came over and ruffled my hair, i was going to fix it anyway. "How's it going?" She asked both of us. She had the same red hair as i did, but she was like a role model to me, she was gorgeous and kind. Ofcourse i was more of a daredevil, and had an attitude. BUT not whenever i was around her. "Good." Both me and Esmee said at the same time. "Jinx under a roof you owe me a soda." I said quickly. Esmee and i both laughed, and so did Tamsin. "That's good to hear, have you got a dress for Seth's party?" She asked, she's never met Seth but has seen pictures of him. "YES!" We both shouted, and Tamsin laughed. "Good, better take lots of pictures." I shook my head, "Don't worry Juliet will do that." Tamsin nodded. "Yes that's true, how's she going anyway, after that wonderful baby surprise."

I've talked to Juliet every single day since then, like we always do, over Skype. And i loved that about our friends, we could never be seperated. "She's been doing pretty good, she's at least getting enough sleep. But she's so attached to him, it's so sweet to see." I said, and Esmee nodded. "She loves him already, as a brother, nephew and son. Seeley's also been helping her, which is also great." Esmee added in. Tamsin nodded. "Sounds like they've got it handled. I couldn't imagine having to deal with a baby at this time, especially at her age. But i'm glad she's doing alright." I nodded, "It is."