Chapter 2: School Trip

Blaise's POV

There was only a few days left until Juliet's birthday, this year was one of the hardest, i don't have any idea on what to give her..... She loves the same things as i do, but i need something that was special, something she would love anyway. I looked over at Juliet, who was listening to her Ipod, looking out the window, seeing the road flash by.  We were going on a school trip to go a museum. At the moment i could hear alot of conversations at once, the teachers, Hunter and Aaron's conversation behind me- who were talking about the latest movies-, and many more.

"Blaise, what are you thinking about?" I heard Juliet's voice call to me.

"Oh nothing much, i can just hear everyones conversation at once." I smiled at her.

"Well you better not be daydreaming about anything." She said, a smile spreading on her face. "Listen to this, what do you think?" She held one of the ipod ears to me, which i gladly put in my ear.

The sound of music filled my ears. At first i didn't understand the music, but then it came to me.

She started singing softly, only i could hear her. I knew she loved to sing, and she was actually very good, although she never admitted it. I always had to encourage her to just sing normally, but she was always afraid of people making fun of her.

I just sat there listening to the music, and thinking of a present for Juliet. The rest of the group had come up with an idea for her birthday party, which i thought was a brilliant idea, and i smiled at the thought.  Once the song had ended a new song came on, which was one of my favourite songs, i'm trying to learn this song on the guitar.

I could hear Juliet singing along, i turned to her and she started to sing a little louder, looking at me. Somehow this song had an effect on me, i guess it could one reason, since it was the song i was listening to when my mother had died. Alyssa was her name, and she was only 40 years old when she died. Last year she was caught in an major car accident, a truck had run acourse and crashed straight into my mum. With her was my cousin, Lisa, who was 16, and my uncle, who was her brother, Rowan, who was 39. All of them died on that night. I was listening to this song while i was at Juliet's place for the night. My dad came over with tears in his eyes, it was the first time i had seen him in tears.With the song in the background, he told me what happened to mum, Lisa, and uncle Rowan. My twin brother, Seeley was there aswell, along with little sister Larissa (who was 12 at the time) , and my youngest brother Ralph (who was 8 at the time). It had been one of the worst moments in my life. I just held onto Juliet, and wouldn't let go, i cried for a while, but not as much as my dad, Juliet's parents were very supportive and helpful, helping us deal with this twist in our lives.

Juliet gave me a sympathetic look, as she knew what this song meant to me.

A single tear rolled down my cheek, and i didn't want to wipe it away, i stared out the window, as i heard Juliet's soft voice sing.

"You're really good at singing this song you know." I said to Juliet. She looked at me, with a small smile.

"Oh, please don't say that, I'm not that good."

"Yes you are, just believe in what i say, the rest of the group agree." I said.

"Don't bring them into this, i know i can kind of sing, but i'm not great." She said, man she was a little stubborn sometimes.

"Well, what if you enter in the Talent Show at the end of the school year, then you'll see." I said, not meaning to say, but i suddenly realised it was a good idea.

"I don't know, it all seems too much, i could never compete." She looked away from me.

"Look, i'll do it with you, i'll play the guitar, i've been learning the chords." She looked at me again, the tiniest smile on her face.