Chapter 21: Christmas

Seth's POV

The thing about love is that it works in different ways, a friendship love for someone you care about, Family love which is unconditional, and love for somebody else, not as a friend and not as family. But it can also bring you to heartache, so when you find someone good, you have to hold on. Christmas is really about love, and i was so excited when i got to spend Christmas with my awesome new best friend and crush. We've been going slow but i've started to like her even more now that i know she likes me back. Yesterday it showed that, me waking up to having a sock thrown at my head by Juliet, but i had laid on my side and just looked at her. That day was a brilliant one, and with Kris having come here too, she felt even more happier.

Last night, without realising what had happened, we both fell asleep on Juliet's bed. I woke up early morning to her head so close to mine, i had the sudden urge to reach out and stroke her hair. Though i knew i couldn't. She was sleeping peacefully, with the fainest smile on her face, probably dreaming about something good. I just lay there staring at her, until she woke up with sleepy eyes and noticed me. She jumped a little but then relaxed and saw it was me. "Morning Pretty." I said, and i felt so good to say this to her, she smiled so brightly and lay her head down back on the pillow right under my head that was propped up on my elbow.

We still had our pj's on, so it was still fine, since we put them on before watching movies until midnight, where we said Merry Christmas to each other, hugged and she had to read me part of Clockwork Angel, which she had been reading to me for a while, i guess we fell asleep. But now we were awake and we could open our presents. "Present time!" I said, grabbed her hand, kissed her cheek and dragged her off bed, and raced down to the living room, where the christmas tree was lit very nicely, and the presents sitting under the tree. I didn't let go of Juliet's hand, and she stared at me, smiling. No one else was here yet, but the fire was going and we sat in front of it, on the floor.

I had a present from me to her, i had hidden it under the couch, and i grabbed it. A little red velvet box with a blue bow sat on top. She gave me a look, shock and surprise. I held it out to her, and she took it carefully. Not believing it existed. "Open it." I whispered in her ear. She slowly took off the bow, letting it fall to the floor between us. She slowly lifted the lid, and a gasp escaped her. In it lay a ring. It was a silver ring, with 2 diamond strands that crossed over each other. In the middle there was a gold heart set around the 2 strands. Juliet looked at me, and whispered "Wow, is this really for me?" I didn't answer her, but took the ring from it's box and set it on her right ring finger. I looked back at her, and she was smiling. "Thank you soo much, i love it." She was almost close to tears, and it made me smile so much it hurt my cheeks.

For a while she just leaned against me, sitting in front of the fire, admiring the ring. The minute i had seen it i knew i had to get it for her, and so i did. She loved it, so i knew that it was perfect. Eventually we heard someone come down the stairs and we found out it was Spencer, as soon as he walked into the door and saw us, he shouted "MERRY CHRISTMAS" , rushed over to us and gave us a big hug, together. It was good to see Spencer happy, after the past month or so it's been difficult for him, Juliet has told me how he wasn't coping properly, but he seems to be fine at the moment.

"Merry Christmas to you too Spencer!" Juliet said, and hugged her brother. She had a beautiful smile on her face, and it was with love, and i realised she gave me that smile. Not Blaise or any of her friends, but it was pure love. Making her grey eyes seem sweet and light in comparison. Before we knew it Hayley was downstairs, and she still believes in Santa, but i dont think that's for very long. And Riley, their dad, came down, with a smile on his face. He made coffee for himself when the doorbell rang and we all knew it was Blaise, his family and Kris. They all wore their pj's, and Blaise gave us a hug.