Chapter 12: The aftermath

Seth's POV

This was it, i was standing outside Marcy's house. I didn't even know what to say, what i wanted to say. I sighed deeply and walked up to the door. Knocked twice before waiting for her to open the door.

I'm here, wish me luck. I texted Juliet a few minutes before. I stood there for 5 seconds before Marcy was there to open the door for me. "Seth, hi!" She pulled me into a hug, kissed me and smiled holding on to me. "Marcy, how are you?" I asked. I still didn't know what to say as she pulled me inside and into her room. The room i've been to so many times before. Nothing's changed, it's still neat, still her. And i took the chance to look at her fully. She looked different somehow. She was wearing less make- up and looked tired.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" She asked. There was music in the background that i wasn't really listening to. "Well, uh you were just so jealous of Juliet." I said. Oops i don't think i should've said that. Her eyes were full of fury, pure hatred. "WHAT!? Is that what you wanted to talk about, how i was JEALOUS of her." She paused knocking something off her bed. A book it was, it landed with a huge thud. "PUH-LEAZE. I mean i was jealous, but i wasn't. You're falling for her aren't you?" She asked. HOW could she know? "How..how'd you figure that out." I couldn't look at her, not here, not now. "Gosh, you're voice changed everytime you mentioned her, you used to do that with me, not anymore." She looked away. "Look, Marcy, my feelings are VERY mixed up at the moment, i don't know what to think anymore, it's like our relationship is a joke, like you're just... just i don't know It just doesn't feel right."

She looked at me, considering something in her own head, her own thoughts running around. "Look, i know that she's beautiful, probably more beautiful than me, and YES i can admit it, she really is. And from what you've told me. YOU NEED TO STAY AWAY FROM HER. Your heart belongs to me, it's our 2 year anniversary." What, my heart doesn't belong to her, or anyone, except my own. "Marcy, WHAT are you talking about? My heart doesn't belong to you, not anymore. You were never right for me, and i know that now. Something just doesn't feel RIGHT! You're just jealous of Juliet, she's someone new, and maybe i do have feelings for her, but my feelings for you are dimming, and we were NEVER MEANT TO BE!" I shouted, maybe i was being harsh about this.

"WHAT! HOW COULD YOU EVEN SAY THAT!" She shouted back. "My jealousy is on good terms, how could you even think that we were never meant to be. But if you really do believe that's true. I have uh something to tell you." She looked at me, oh gosh what now? "Is it to do with that guy on the phone?" I asked. She looked at me shocked. "What?! Rick.. oh um yeah he's not my cousin." WHAT?! well i was right in a way. This is crazy, what am i doing here?

"So what are you saying, that he's just some friend? But why would you say he's your cousin?" I asked, quickly afraid of what she might say. "Um no. Anyway, what i wanted to tell you is.. that. I'm pregnant." She said so softly, i though she'd never said that. "WHAT THE HELL?! YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY BE. What. the hell." I said, she can't be serious, she's only 17. This isn't happening. " It's true, i only found out this weekend, i guess it happened at a party.." She avoided my eyes. "But,... But You never party, NEVER have you BEEN to a party, especially if it involved alcohol. HOW DID YOU GET PREGNANT THEN!" I shouted at her, pleading. "Right, maybe i should tell you this."

"I have NEVER, i mean NEVER loved you, and i will NEVER love you. You've just been a cover up for my relationship with Rick, the guy on the phone, he was over and answered my phone. Last weekend he got me pregnant. I found out only yesterday." WHAT, she's been lying to me.

"How... how long have you and er Rick been going out then?" I asked. Hoping only a few days. "4 Years." She said simply. "WHAT THE HELL. 4 YEARS, 2 YEARS BEFORE ME AND YOU GOT TOGETHER. WHY?!" i demanded, "WHY!"