Chapter 22: 17th Birthday

Juliet's POV

Today was Seth's 17th birthday party, and birthday. It was a special day, and i was looking forward to the party, which lasted basically the whole day. He had invited only a handful of friends, Ben, Blaise, Brad, Adrian, Kris, Aaron, Percy, Viola, Esmee, Florence, Hunter, Peirce, Kaleb, Renee, and me! He felt like he wanted to invite all my friends. But for the better half of the day, it was only me, Ben, Blaise, Brad and Seth. I got to stay the night at Ben's place with Seth and Ben, so i get to wake up and say happy birthday to him.

At the moment i was awake, staring at the ceiling, thinking about everything really. The past few days have been the most hectic in my life. For one, looking after the baby, Logan has been a challenge, but he's been the best baby ever. Another thing was the whole christmas spirit, i'm still absolutely missing my mother, but we've been happier than we've been in a while. So now i got to have time to enjoy Seth's party.

"Seth!" I whispered in his ear, shaking him awake. He slowly blinked at me, confusion closing on his face. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I shouted, and he smiled so brightly, i thought i needed sunglasses! He sat up slowly, since we both fell asleep on the mattress on Ben's floor. When Seth sat up i enclosed him in a big hug. I couldn't help myself and i kissed him on the cheek. I felt myself blush, but Seth just smiled, holding on to me. After we let go, Ben was awake, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO!" He said, giving him a "man" hug, and a fist bump.

"Thanks guys, i couldn't ask for a better way to wake up!" He laughed and we just sat there in a circle on the mattress me and Seth slept on. Ben eventually got up and went to his closet, bringing out a wrapped present and a card. "Aww you didn't have to!" Seth said, taking the present from Ben. "It's your birthday, you deserve the best day!" Ben replied, with a smile. Seth opened the card and it started singing Happy Birthday, and Seth laughed. The card was actually a batman card, which was pretty epic, except it was for a child aged 7! I laughed and was filming Seth.

Seth finally opened his present and shock registered on his face, inside the wrapping paper was a scrap book, that was quite big. Seth looked over to Ben who was smiling, "Thanks?" Seth made it sound like a question. Ben just shook his head. "Well, this is for any and every memory that can be put in here, especially since you met Juliet, who just loves to take photos." I couldn't help but smile, it was a thoughtful gift. "Plus that's not all you're getting, don't you worry!" Ben laughed.

Seth started to smile and hugged Ben. Time for my present. This one was special, it was mine, and the minute i saw it i knew it was for Seth. So i stood up and went to my bag, and grabbed out the small black box with a green ribbon on it. I sat in front of Seth, and handed it to him. He just looked at me with those gorgeous eyes and slowly opening the box. Inside it lay a black ring, the middle band was black but etched texture pattern. Then it had 2 other bands on either side, that were just normal. Seth smiled a beautiful smile and looked into my eyes. "This is amazing!" I smiled brightly. "Check the inside of the ring." I said, and Seth did so. His eyes lit up, the smile seemed to get bigger, and more filled with love. On the inside was carved a message. Nothing gets better, unless you make it, Love J.

Seth kneeled in front of me, and gave me a kiss on the cheek, nose and forehead, before hugging me, and embracing me. After a while we both pulled apart, and Ben was smirking in our direction, i stuck my tongue out at him, and he returned the gesture. I knew that Seth loved my present, and i thought it was the perfect thing for him. He had told me that he wanted to get a ring but he hadn't found the perfect one yet. So i thought to myself, what a wonderful present. And so that's where it got me. Renee helped to pick it out, while she also had to get Seth his present. The little message i knew was perfect, i coudn't say anything about our relationship, since we hadn't gotten so far yet, but i knew he would appreciate the message anyway, and knew that it was truly from me to him.