Extra #2. Fairy Tale

Serena's POV

"I can't breathe."

"Inhale and exhale, it's an involuntary function in your body, let your body do the work," Becca takes my hands in hers as she motions her explanation.

"I know, I just... I'm getting married."

"I know," she squeals, "it's exciting, isn't it?"

"Extremely. I'm marrying the love of my life."

"Then take deep breaths before you pass out and miss your wedding."

My eyes cloud with tears and Mami shouts, "Hija, don't cry. Your make-up."

"I know, I know," I sniffle.

Her gaze softens and she daintily wipes below my eyes with a tissue. "You look beautiful. Jacob is sure to faint from seeing such an angel."

I can't help but laugh. "I really hope he doesn't faint."

"Nah," Hailey adds, waving around her bouquet, stopping once Mami gives her a look, "he'll just bawl his eyes out with happiness and awe."

"Really?"

"Oh, for sure. He'll be like, 'hot damn, that's my wife.'"

Everyone in the room laughs. "Thanks."

"No problem. Where's Beckett?"

"He'll be here soon, he was checking on the guys right now," Mami answers.

I look back into the mirror and face my reflection. The ivory fabric sifts through the air as I give a gentle spin, my head reeling at the sudden realization that I am about to be married--that I'm about to become Mrs. Rodriguez. The excitement is bubbling up within me, somuchso that it begins to feel like nausea. There is too much going around, too much talking, too much movement.

"Rena! Slow breaths, in and out. There is nothing to be nervous about. You will walk down that aisle and walk out a married woman."

"I know, I'm not nervous. Well, I am, but not like the bad kind of nervous. The giddy nervous that makes your insides twist."

"Okay, just keep taking deep breaths. Beckett will be here soon, and the ceremony will begin."

I nod my head and she smiles, hugging me from the side and resting the side of her head on my shoulder. I smile at the affection I receive and wrap an arm around her waist, pulling her closer. Hailey comes over to my other side and I rest my head on her shoulder. We smile into our reflection, taking in my billowy dress and their stunning gold dresses.

"It's time," Mami calls, disrupting our peaceful silence.

With only last squeezing hug, I walk towards Dad as Hailey and Becca take positions up towards the door. With a shaking breath, I take the arm he offers me and give a smile.

"Let all your nervousness remain within this room as you walk out the door, your new life is ahead of you and there is no room for jitters."

I give his cheek a peck and he grasps my hand that rests on her forearm. Mami kisses his lips twice before standing before us. The doors to this room open quietly, the lack of noise doing everything to accentuate the rapid beating of my heart. With one last supportive squeeze from Dad, we walk the journey to the large, mahogany doors that lead to the ceremony. Delirious with excitement and anticipation, I take slow steps to pass the threshold. Taking my eyes off the floor, I connect with Jacob's teary eyes. His bottom lip is caught between his teeth, and his eyes are red and puffy. I watch humorously as Danny hands him a tissue. The faces that pass by me in the pews go by in a blur; the only face I can pay attention to is Jacob's. His smile is radiant, and his tuxedo looked magnificent on him. The black suit and the white dress shirt showed off his well kept physique. I grip the bouquet tighter as we reach the steps to the platform at the end of the aisle.