Figure It Out As I Go Along

"Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else."
‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5:15‬ ‭NIV‬‬

🍉Serena's POV🍉

Waking up to my alarm, I groan and blindly turn it off. I put my arm back underneath the covers and nearly fall asleep. Nearly.

"Wake up you two. You're going to school today." My mom says while pounding on the door.

We both groan tiredly and reluctantly get out of bed.

"Do you even have clothes with you?" I ask while yawning and rubbing my eye.

He looks at me funny before replying, "Yeah."

"Okay. I call the bathroom first." I get off the bed and walk to the bathroom.

Looking in the mirror, I cringe at what I see. My hair is frizzy and all over the place, I have dark rings under my eyes, and my cheeks are flushes. No wonder he looked at me funny. Sighing, I do my business and morning routine.

I walk out of the bathroom just in time to see Jacob put his shirt on. Oh poo, I missed it. Stop it!

"Are you checking me out, princessa?"

"What-no!" How did he know?

"Stop lying, you're bad at it."

"I am not lying." Liar.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes... but if I was checking you out, hypothetically, what would you do?"

He comes closer to me, "I'll have to kiss those pink lips of yours."

I gasp. He couldn't be serious, could he? I mean it's not like he's actually telling the truth. He's just teasing, nothing more.

"Princessa." He sighs, coming so close a sheet of paper couldn't even slip through.

"Y-yes?" My eyes widening and my breathing erratic.

"Were you checking me out?" He kisses my jaw.

"Y-no."

"Too bad. I wanted to kiss you." He stops his journey of kisses right when he gets to the edge of my lips.

"You do?"

"Yes," He breathes, "Will you let me?"

Will I let him? Let him!!

As I open my mouth to speak, the door is knocked on again.

"Hurry up! You're going to be late."

I use that as an excuse to move away from him and head for my closet. Taking out some black jeans, a black tank top, and a red flannel, I go back to the bathroom and change.

That was close. We were going to kiss. How many times are we almost going to kiss? I look in the mirror and frown at how red I am. I put a towel underneath the faucet and get it wet. I pat it on my face to make some form of semblance to a normal shade.

I take a deep breath before opening the door. He's not here. I frown and shake my head before grabbing my school bag and walking out of my room.

I go to the kitchen to get something for breakfast.

"Do you know where Jacob is?" I ask my mom.

"He is in another bathroom. He said that you were taking forever, I believed him."

"I do not take forever in the bathroom!" So that's the excuse he gave.

"Sweetie, yes you do."

"No I don't."