Wishful Thinking

"The fruit of that righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness and confidence forever."
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭32:17‬ ‭NIV‬‬

💎Serena's POV💎

Waking up with a tired groan, I wrap my arms around his body and bring myself closer, not wanting to get out of bed just yet. But sadly, the world has other ideas.

My phone rings and I squint at it before pressing accept.

"Hello?" I say sleepily.

"Are you still at Jacob's house?" My mom asks.

"Yeah... Is Becca still asleep?"

"Yes," She sighs sadly, "And if you're actually dealing with Danny, what's your plan?"

"I'm gonna make them talk to each other. I know both their sides of the story so I just need them to listen to each other's."

"Ok well, good luck and I'll keep Becca distracted until you get back."

"Thank you. Goodbye."

"Goodbye." I hang up.

Putting my phone back where it originally was, I turn and face Jacob. He's so attractive. I blush at my own thoughts. I try to wiggle out of his grip but I just end up making him hold onto me tighter.

"Jacob." I whisper while caressing his jaw.

He groans lowly in the back of his throat and it makes me shiver. He opens one eye and shifts his head to look at me.

"Good morning." I say quietly.

"Goodnight." He rasps before turning so his left arm is wrapped around me and his face is in my neck.

"We have to wake up."

"No we don't." He nuzzles my neck and plays with my hair, effectively making me sleepy.

I am so tempted to go back to sleep but we have to fix our friends relationship. That thought gives me the determination to ignore his attempts at making me fall asleep again.

I wriggle out of his grasp before he can react and I flip him over, "Wake up." I smack in the face with a pillow.

He jerks up and glares at me before whining, "Why do we have to wake up? It's eight am and we're not going to school."

"We have to fix our best friend's relationship."

He huffs before nodding his head, "Okay fine. Let's go." He gets out of the bed and we both walk to his room.

There we find a still-knocked out Danny. Jacob walks up to him and smacks him in the face.

"Jacob!"

"What?" He asks innocently, "We need him to wake up and you did the same to me."

"There's a huge difference between a pillow and a hand."

"Not when you're drunk. He needs a stronger awakening."

We both look to Danny and notice that he's still sleeping. An idea comes to mind and I really hope that it works.

"Hi Becca." I say rather loudly.

Danny's eyes open and he wobbly raises his upper body, "Becca I am so sorry, I-"  He stops when he sees that Becca is not here.