He's Back

"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."
‭‭John‬ ‭1:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬

⚡️Serena's POV⚡️

My cheek feels oddly wet and I scrunch my face before opening my eyes. Oreo's adorable face is the first thing I see.

"Hello Oreo." I say cheerfully before yawning.

He yips before licking my face again. I raise my upper body off the bed and look towards the clock. 8:54 am. Eh, not that bad. I could've slept for another hour but oh well. Oreo moves away, off my body, before practically collapsing on his side.

"Your body's probably still sore." I tell him. Don't know if he fully understands what I'm saying but I don't care.

He whines as if understanding and I gently rub his tummy. His leg moves in approval and I laugh. Getting out of bed, Oreo tries to as well. I wrap my hands softly around his torso and carefully put him on the floor. I walk to the bathroom and do my usual morning business. Once that's done, I head downstairs at a slow pace. When I get to the stairs, I pick Oreo up and carry him down. He struggles in my hold once I get to the last step and bend down to let him go. He walks around the living room and tries to get on the sofa.

"Hey. No, no." I turn his head to the side and he goes exploring somewhere else.

I go to the kitchen and head for the cabinet. I grab the bag of mini bagels and take one out. I put both halves in the toaster oven and then sit on the floor. Oreo comes and lays on his back, one foot away from me.

"You're weird." I tell him.

"Then he's a perfect match for you." Mami says.

"Hardy har har." I pan out.

"Well I am going to take Oreo now." She says just as she picks him up with a blanket.

"Is that blanket necessary?" I ask, getting up from the floor.

"Yes. It may help him calm down and I don't want a chance of getting infections anywhere near me or on my car... He slept in your bed, didn't he?"

"...Maybe."

"Go change your sheets and take a shower."

"Aye sir." I salute.

She rolls her eyes before leaving, shutting the door gently behind her. The toaster dings and I take them out and put them on a napkin. Spreading cream cheese on both and squishing them together, I take a bite and walk to my room. Taking everything off my bed, I go to the hallway closet and get new sheets. Once it's on my bed, I put everything back in place. Then a shower. I probably took fifteen minutes. Drying myself, I put on my undergarments, a white tank top and maroon shorts. Then my hair is put into a messy bun. Checking my phone, I see that there are three texts from Becca:

I'm coming in five minutes

I'm here!

Open your door!!!

I roll my eyes at her but quickly go downstairs to the front door. Opening it, I am greeted with a punch on the arm.

"What was that for?" I ask, rubbing my arm. It didn't really hurt but it still stung.

"I was waiting outside forever! Where were you and why was your phone not with you?"

"I was taking a shower."

Her shoulders slump, "Fine I'll give you that. Now let me in."