New Girl

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. (‭Proverbs‬ ‭3‬:‭5-6‬ NIV)

Jacob's POV

"Jacob, despierta!"

I cover my head with a pillow, shouting, "Okay! I'm up!" Immediately, my back tenses. I'm way taller than Mama, but I am still terrified of her. Is she gonna come up and smack me for talking back?

Waiting a couple more seconds in bed, I don't hear any footsteps coming towards my door. Exhaling, I lift myself up and run a hand through my hair. My eyes find the alarm clock by my bed and I groan. Why the hell does she wake me up five minutes before my alarm goes off? I could've used those extra minutes. She thinks I enjoy going to school and wasting my time. After I've showered and brushed my teeth, I change into a white v-neck, dark jeans, and converse and my favorite jacket. I spray cologne on my neck and grab my bag off the floor by my dresser. When I enter the kitchen, Mama begins her morning rant.

"Hurry, Jacob, eat and get to school!"

"Buenos dias to you too, Mama."

"If you woke up at the right time then it would be good."

"Mama, you woke me up five minutes before my alarm."

"Grosero. You still end up late."

"School starts in thirty minutes and ride takes like a couple minutes."

"Ay, eat something and go before your stalling makes you late."

I grab an apple, put it in my bag, and kiss her cheek, "Adios."

Stepping out of the house, I get on my bike and start the engine. As I get closer to the school, I dread every second. I don't even enjoy going anymore. The people are annoying as hell, the teachers barely give a rat's ass about anything, and I have nearly given up on learning anything; as long as I receive a good grade, I'm good.

Once I've parked, I notice the attention of many go to me. I walk towards the school and meet up with Nick and Danny. The stares continue the closer we get to the front doors.

"Hey Jacob," they both say.

"Hey guys, ready for hell."

Nick snickers, and Danny replies sarcastically, "Yeah, totally."

We walk into school, our egos inflating with the stares. Benefits of being hot bad boys, I guess. I smirk, but it's soon wiped off when a certain someone stands in front of me.

"Hi, Jakey." Jakey? Really? What am I, a kid?

"Hello, Miranda." The disgust is obvious as the sentence rolls off my tongue.

"I've missed you." Damn girl, it's only been a weekend. How the hell does she miss me?

"I didn't."

"What do you mean you didn't?" Anger begins to seep into her voice. "I'm your girlfriend."

"Like hell you are. Stay away from me."

"You'll regret that." She grabs my arm with her long ass nails and bats her fake eyelashes at me. I pull my am out of her grasp.

"The only thing I regret is sleeping with you."

She huffs and walks away. Thank god.

"Dude, she's so clingy," Danny says.

"What did you see in her?" Nick asks, covering his laugh with his hand.

"I got no clue, she was good with her mouth."

The both laugh and I roll my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, laugh at my poor choices."

We keep walking and I end up bumping into someone. I'm about to yell at them until I look into her amazing grey-blue eyes. Wow. I haven't seen someone with eyes like this, or a face like this. She's beautiful. The fuck? I usually think girls are hot or sexy, I've never considered thinking one is beautiful. She proved me wrong. I notice that she's staring at me too. Smirking, I wait for her to begin stuttering and blushing.

"Excuse you, I'm trying to walk here." ... Huh? She didn't even react the way I thought she would.

"Well, you walked into me so..." I use a specific smile that gets the girls swooning.

"No, I turned around. You were the one who walked obnoxiously close to the lockers." Well damn.

"Mhm, feisty." I wink. "I like it." She's unaffected by my wink.

"Nope," she replies, before walking around me.

"Dude," Danny snorts. "She didn't fall for you."

"Shut up," I hiss.

"Is someone mad that one girl doesn't wanna get in his pants?" Nick coos tauntingly.

"Fuck off."

I walk away from them and their laughs. I'll get her, i just need a different approach. Why does she matter though? There are other girls, but none like her.

I enter homeroom and I'm still thinking about her. Her eyes, her voice, her lips, her eyes! Damn, like a rainstorm. As I continue to think about her and going back home, the teacher begins to talk.

"You must be our new student. Ms. Peña, yes?" My eyes snap up to his and I watch as the girl with the pretty eyes awkwardly nods.

"Yeah." Cute.

"Well, Ms. Peña, if you don't mind introducing yourself in front of the class?"

'Uh, my name is Serena Peña," she begins, her voice low. "I'm s-seventeen years old. I like reading... my favorite color, my favorite color is aqua. Yeah, that's it." I can feel her discomfort from here.

""Thank you, Ms. Peña. I am Mr. Williams. Now, please sit next to Mr. Rodriguez. Mr. Rodriguez, please raise your hand." Holy crap. Fuck. That's me. I raise my hand and smile, the chance to talk to her again making me inexplicably happy. That is, until I hear her groan... and not in the good way. Damn, she already hates me? What'd I do?

I continue to watch her as she makes her way to the table, and I notice that everyone else's eyes are on her too. Theirs, though, aren't very welcoming.

Once everyone has stopped being nosy, I open my mouth. "Hey." No response. "Hey."

"Hi." I smile. She's talking to me. Wait, hold up, why the hell does her talking to me make me happy?

"Where did you live before coming here?" ... What the fuck kinda question is that? I'm a dumbass.

"Boston."

Cool. "So that's where the accent is coming from." Good god I should stop talking.

"Uh yeah."

Just before I ask another question, which probably would've been another stupid one, the bell rings. My ego is definitely bruised when I hear what she says next.

"Thank you, Jesus. Saved by the bell."

Well damn.

With a sour mood, i walk out of the room and head towards Danny and Nick. Their expressions brighten when they see my scowl. Fuckers.

"Dude," Danny laughs, "is she still not falling for you?"

"Shut the hell up. She'll warm up to me."

"As if. You're a cold as liquid nitrogen," Nick adds.

"Shut up, let's just get to class."

"Did I hear that right, Danny? Jacob actually wants to get to class?" They both laugh.

"Assholes," I mutter.

I can already tell this is gonna be a long ass day.