Crashed

"Lead me, Lord, in your righteousness because of my enemies— make your way straight before me. Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with malice. Their throat is an open grave; with their tongues they tell lies."
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭5:8-9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Read author's note at the end please.

🎧Serena's POV🎧

A week has passed since Jacob and I had skipped half a school day. Even now, remembering it makes me giddy with nerves. Sean still appears where I go but he hasn't spoken to me yet. I don't think Jacob knows about it, I don't think anyone does. Hailey has become a good friend to me and her 'relationship' with Nick has... improved. They're finally able to sit at the same table without insulting each other, though they mainly just avoid each other now. Jacob hasn't given me any hickies so far, which is surprising. I still don't understand where he'd put them where no one else would see them. Those thoughts have me blushing and stammering for a while. Decca has been amazingly adorable. They're always together and being all lovey-dovey. I've actually heard them mutter the L word to each other. I ship them so hard... I helicarrier it. Even mami and Beckett have been getting impossibly closer to each other. Him and Nathan are over our house frequently. I wouldn't be surprised if they move in soon. Considering they live in an apartment and all of us wouldn't fit there.

"Do you have any sevens?" Nathan asks.

We're sitting opposite each other on the floor in the living room, our legs criss-crossed, playing Go Fish. I hand him the one seven I have. He grins.

"Do you have any threes?" I ask in return.

"Nope." Doubtful. "Go fish."

"Are you lying?" I ask, eyebrow raised.

"Why would I lie in such a highly-sophisticated game of Go Fish?" He asks in a British accent.

"Because you, my good sir, are a lousy cheat." I reply, also in a British accent.

He falls backwards onto the floor dramatically. "Oh! How you wound me!" His cards scatter across the floor. And he does, in fact, have a three. Two of them.

"Aha!" I stand up, pointing to the cards accusingly, "You do have threes!"

His brown eyes twinkle with mischief, "Oh, you caught me. Take me to jail." He raises his hands up in surrender, still lying on the floor.

"What did Nate do this time to warrant an arrest?" Beckett asks as both him and mami enter the room from the backyard.

"He lied in Go Fish."

He gasps playfully, "Son, how could you?" Mami giggles softly.

"The dog made me do it." Nathan points to Oreo, whom is currently taking a tiny nap on the sofa.

"Of course he did. Oreo is always scheming." Mami says. Oreo snorts in his sleep and we all laugh.

"Well kids, I'm taking Camila to a new diner. See you guys in an hour." Beckett says happily. Mami smiles.

"Or two." Nathan mumbles.

They walk out the door. He gets off the floor and picks up his cards. He sits back in his original spot and blurts out, "I think they're going out just to have sex."

I choke on my spit.

"What!?" I cough out, my face heating up as well.