49. Escape Plan

Happy Friday everyone! I hope you have a great weekend 💘

HS

"I hope you're enjoying your stay, Harry."

My face falls, my mouth drops agape in heaving breaths as my my brain desperately scrambles to make sense of it all.

I breathe in a sharp intake of air, finally letting the name spill from my lips in a stutter.

"Z-Zayn?"

I sit there, in an unblinking stare, my face stuck in an incredulous expression.

"Surprised?" He cocks an eyebrow, and that's when my shocked state starts to fade out and anger starts to take over instead. My fingers are curled into a fist, nails digging into my palm. I can't hear my rapid breathing, but I can definitely feel the blood pumping relentlessly through my bloodstream.

"You.." I trail off, still not knowing what to say. One thing's for sure though, I'm pissed. Way more than pissed.

A chuckle breaks my glare on Zayn. I turn my gaze towards Elijah, who's stepping away from Zayn and making his way into the room, towards Niall and I.

"I must admit, you two make a wonderful couple." He grins, which only makes me sick to my stomach.

"And my my Niall, those words you said, deserve to be in lines for romance novels and movies. It was touching, really." He says, before pulling something out from his back pocket.

My heart stops. It's the tape recording and my thumb drive.

"Were you hoping that this would save you?" Elijah scoffs, dropping the devices on the floor, smashing them with his foot just like what he did with our phones.

I feel my fingers balling up into tight fists, my nails digging painfully into my palms. I turn to Zayn, anger building up within me.

"I- we trusted you, Zayn! And you were part of this all along?!" I yell exasperatedly, still unable to believe that Zayn is standing here, with Elijah. He simply smirks, shrugging.

"I was promised a hefty amount in return." He says casually.

"Which, should be in your bank account by now. Good job, Zayn." Elijah pipes in, and I feel my face flushing red with anger. 

"Fuck you, Zayn." I spit.

He scoffs, rolling his eyes. "Oh, get in line." He smirks cockily. Without thinking, I'm jolting out of my spot on the floor, charging towards Zayn, red clouding my sight.

"Son of a bitch!" I yell, fisting his shirt in my hands and shoving him roughly. "Niall trusted you." I hiss, pinning him down firmly against the wall. His hazel eyes fall, just for a millisecond, before they turn icy cold once again.

He looks down at our position, before his lips tug up into a smirk. "Should we really be in this position in front of your boyfriend?" He taunts.

My fists tighten, before I'm raising it up, ready to swing my fist against his.

"Harry!" Niall shouts, just before I hear the sound of a gun clicking.

I look over my shoulder, my blood freezing as I watch Elijah holding Niall in a headlock, aiming the black gun to his temple.

"Hurt one of my men, and I'll kill him." He threatens. I turn to Niall, his face is expressionless, but silent tears are streaming down his face. My heart clenches. 

I release a low grunt, finally dropping my grip on Zayn. He pushes my body off him, before straightening out his shirt.

Elijah chuckles, before shoving Niall onto the floor, with him falling front first, obviously worsening his injuries. I'm quick to be by his side, gently helping him up into a sitting position.