05. Car Trouble

HS

My heart races in a panic as I run around my house, trying to get all my shit together.

Of all days that I have a meeting at 9 in the morning, I have to be late. It's already 8.30 and it takes me exactly half an hour to get there, depending on traffic. I just had to oversleep today.

I quickly gather the last of my things, grabbing my white blazer, and shrugging it over my light blue button up.

I quickly head down towards my garage, climbing into my car, and starting it up

I quickly head down towards my garage, climbing into my car, and starting it up. Wait, I take that back, trying to start it up.

And of fucking course, my car refuses to start. I twist my keys repeatedly, only to hear the engine riving up just for it to shut down right after. Can this entire week get any worse seriously? First the Louis problem and now I have to deal with this shit.

I groan in annoyance, running my fingers through my hair frustratedly. Of all fucking days. I didn't spend a million on this car just for it to freaking break down on me when I need it to be working the most.

I quickly pick up my phone, dialling for Anna, at the same time, constantly trying to bring my car back to life.

"Hello. Good morning Mr Styles." She answers.

"Hi Anna. Is it possible to push back my meeting today? I'm having some car troubles." I say

"Sure. I'll let the others know." She says and I sigh in relief. On the bright side, at least I'm just meeting with the head of teams and not some important client. But still, it's precious time wasted and I hate being late.

"Thanks Anna. I should be down in the office by 9.30, 10 latest. Have the meeting at 10.15?" I tell her.

"Okay. I'll inform the rest."

"Thanks, see you soon, Anna." I greet, before hanging up, and immediately dialling for Zayn.

"Hello, Zayn?" I immediately answer the second the phone picks up.

"Mr Styles? Is something wrong?" He asks.

"Yeah. My car's not fucking starting." I exasperate.

"Oh," he breathes a small sigh of relief. "Have you tried restarting it?" He asks.

"Uhmm.. I'm twisting the key, it starts up but the engine shuts right back down." I tell him, rather frustratedly.

"Sounds like an engine or battery problem. Do you need to be in the studio early today?" He asks.

"I'm supposed to have a meeting at 9." I tell him.

"Oh shucks. Erm.. I can't exactly help you now, mate, sorry. I have another car trouble here with another customer, but I'll ask Niall to go down to help you." He tells me and a small gasp involuntarily leaves my lips at the mention of his name.