33. Studio

I almost cried because I thought that picture was real ^

HS

// the next monday //

"I don't want to!" Theo wails as he grabs onto my legs, refusing to let go. "I'm staying here!" He cries out again. My heart feels heavy as I look down at him.

Greg sighs softly in defeat. "I'll wait outside." He mumbles and I nod slowly.

"Theo, you-"

"Ni, let me try." I cut him off softly and he nods slowly.

"Theo?" I say softly, before gently prying his grip off my legs and crouching down to his height.

"Hey bud." I call gently, before pushing back his blonde hair and wiping the tears off his face. He releases a soft sob before looking up at me through tear brimmed eyes.

"You can come over to play or swim anytime you like buddy. But right now, your dad needs you. He's alone and would like you to accompany him. Do you want your dad to be alone?" I ask gently. He sniffles before he shakes his head slowly.

"Atta boy." I smile, before ruffling up his hair playfully and running my thumbs under his eyes one last time. "Now, I'm sure if you ask your daddy nicely, he'll let you come over whenever you want. But for now, you'll have to stay with him alright? You have to protect him." He nods, as strongly as he can, before sniffing again.

I smile softly, picking him up in my arms before turning to Niall.

"How come Uncle Niall can stay here?" Theo asks with a small pout on his lips. I chuckle softly.

"Because your Uncle Ni has to protect me, and you have to protect your daddy. Horan boys are strong aren't they?" I say and Theo cracks a weak smile, nodding.

"C'mere buddy." Niall smiles, before stretching out his arms, to which I place Theo in. He runs his fingers through his hair and presses a kiss on his cheek lovingly.

"I'll see you soon alright?" Niall mumbles. Theo nods before placing his head on Niall's shoulder, a small smile creeping on my face at the sight.

Niall gives me a little smile before I walk them out to the door.

I sigh softly, watching as Theo gives me a last wave before Niall hands Theo over to Greg. I give him a warm smile, waving slightly just as Greg's car door slams shut after placing him down in the child seat.

This is for the best. If there's someone out there who somehow knows my address, I don't want Theo anywhere near my place. Besides, he needs his father with him, especially at this age. That being said, I'll definitely miss that little bundle of joy around.

It's been exactly a week since Kelly's funeral, and things have been different. Niall has been much better now, but sometimes he'd be lost in thought, before he'll be on the verge of tears. Which truly breaks my heart. But for the last couple of days, he has definitely livened up. By now, I've lost lots of days in the studio, but I have been doing my work at home, but god knows what condition my studio is in now. Which is why, unfortunately, as much as I wish to stay in and be with Niall, I'll have to head back to the studio later in the afternoon.

On a completely different note, I've also been even more paranoid ever since Niall told me there's some creep out there who has somehow found out where I lived. I'd make sure to lock up my gates and doors every single day and night, and I've had a high tech burglar alarm installed just in case.

And about this Leo Tatum guy, I've constantly been refreshing my email almost every hour just to check if he has sent me anymore threatening emails about Niall. But none came in. Which, I'm not gonna celebrate about just yet. I've contemplated, lots of times to bring this case up to the cops, but there's no telling what this guy will do to Niall when he finds out I've ratted him out. That is why, for now, I'll just keep it low, just until I figure who this guy is.