21. Niall n Nan

//Thursday//

NH (finally!!)

"Nana! I'm home!" I call, tossing my keys onto the side table.

"Hey sweetie." Her soothing voice greets as she strolls into the living room from the kitchen.

"Oh my god, look at you. You look disgusting. You're drenched in grease and sweat from head to toe." She scrunches her nose up in disapproval, lines of wrinkles creasing up by her nose and under her eyes.

I chuckle softly. "That's what you get for working in a car shop, Nan." I smile lightly as she wraps her frail arms around me anyway.

"I got you some lunch." I tell her, raising a bag that holds her sandwich.

"Thanks love, you didn't have to." She says bashfully, leading me towards the kitchen. "I still have a pot full of leftover chicken from yesterday." She adds with a warm smile, gesturing for me to take a seat.

"You know those aren't all that good for your cholesterol, Nan." I tell her sternly but with a small smile, pulling out her sandwich.

"Oh pish posh." She waves her hand dismissively, causing me to chuckle softly.

"Whole wheat bread, no dressings. Only fresh veggies, with baked chicken breast, just the way you like it." I smile, handing it to her.

"Thanks love, you're an angel." She grins, graciously taking the wrapped sandwich from me. "What about you? Where's your lunch?" She asks.

"I've had mine, Nan. Don't worry."

"You better not be skipping meals, Niall." She squares her eyes at me, her feeble fingers slowly tearing the packaging apart. I snort out a laugh.

"Me? Skipping meals?" I raise an eyebrow. She laughs softly, nodding contentedly.

"Good."

"So, did anything interesting today?" I spark up conversation, pouring myself a cup of water.

"Nothing much. Just talked to Mrs Johnson downstairs. What a gossipmonger she is." She tuts, shaking her head. I release a short laugh.

"But you enjoy listening to those gossips, don't you?" I playfully wag a finger at her. She laughs sheepishly.

"Her gossips are more entertaining than whatever's on the telly nowadays." She grins, taking a bite off her sandwich. "Now," she starts after she swallows her food. "I don't mean to sound naggy, but where'd you go last night, love? Had me worried sick." She asks.

"Oh right, sorry I didn't call earlier, Nan. I was staying over at a friend's." I tell her sheepishly and she chuckles softly, shaking her head.

"And this friend, someone I should know about?" She playfully waggles her eyebrows.

I chuckle softly in amusement, eyes not daring to meet hers, not being able to help how my skin heats up.

"Awww." She coos like a little girl, which simply makes me flush even harder.

"Naaaan." I whine in embarrassment. She tosses her head as a burst of laughter jumps from her throat, the crinkles by her eyes deepening.