Orchid gaze followed his and her lips curled into a nefarious smile.  "Jacob!  How have you been since you and Lucas had me exiled to Azul de Raus?"

"Actually, if it were up to Lucas and I you'd be dead," drawled Jacob as his light brown eyes shined dangerously at her.  "But the council decided you were worth more alive than dead."

"Yes," gloated Orchid as she ran a crimson nail up Jacob's arm.  "I'm sure you and Lucas were over the moon happy about that."

Jacob eyebrows raised as he watched her nail trail up the sleeve of his black shirt and rested at his collar.  "You need to move your hand before I break it," smiled Jacob.

"Oh pooh," pouted Orchid as she moved her hand.  "I thought after slumming it with Ebony you'd want to remember what it's like to be with someone of your own ilk."

"I'd rather you die," drawled Jacob.

Anton chuckled in amusement at the flush that rose up Orchid's neck.  "Lord Jacob, should I leave now?"

"You sent me four messages, Lucas three and Kaelen eight in less than twenty minutes begging one of us to escort her," chuckled Jacob.  "You can go home to your wife now."

"How dare you insult me," snapped Orchid as she reached a hand out toward Anton.  "You are a slug!  You are beneath contempt."  Orchid cackled cruelly as she watched Anton's face pale and his eyes widen as she cut off his ability to breath.

Jacob moved toward Orchid and snatched her by the hair and pulled her face toward his, "You dare threaten one of my people."

"I dare," mocked Orchid as she released her hold on Anton.  "He is nothing but a servant and a button pusher."

Jacob sneered as he looked into her green eyes, "You definitely have a death wish."

"But you can't kill me," laughed Orchid as she pushed out of his grip. "You are too much of the good son and loyalist.  You'd never go against the council's wishes."

Jacob bared his teeth as he stared at her.  "Orchid you are as dumb as the day is long.  I can't even do this with you."  Jacob raised his hand and vanished.

Anton gaped at the empty spot Jacob had just vacated.  His look turned to amusement when Kaelen appeared with a disgruntled look.  "So I can leave, right?"

Kaelen turned to stare at Orchid, "Anton you can leave.  I got this."

Anton nodded and left before he could be called back.

"Are you going to behave or do I need to go get Lucas," threatened Kaelen.  "I'm fairly sure some unfortunate mishap would occur if Lucas is the one that needs to escort you."

"I am his cousin," waved Orchid as she started to walk down the corridor toward the exit.  "He would not dare raise a hand against me.  The rags would crucify him."

"I doubt he'd leave much of you to identify," bragged Kaelen as he walked out of the station and onto the street.  "You are not giving him and Jacob enough credit."

"Whatever," huffed Orchid.  "I want to stay in the Gold District if I cannot stay in the palace.  I want to stay at the Golden Lotus Hotel on Newport Lane,"

"You can stay wherever you want if you are paying," responded Kaelen as he grabbed her arm and led her toward the taegsi stands. 

"I want to stay at the palace," sputtered Orchid as he shoved her into the transport.

Kaelen pushed her over and smirked, "I can arrange a nice dungeon room for you if you like."

"You are nothing but a mongrel," snarled Orchid.  "Lucas and Jacob's little lap dog."

"You can believe whatever you wish," smiled Kaelen as he pressed his palm against the reader.  "Please take us to La Casa de Luces in the Silver Lights District."  After the reader flashed and the transport driver nodded that he understood Kaelen sat back.  "Continue with your snide remarks," drawled Kaelen as he stared out the window.  "They humor me."

"You are mentally deficient," responded Orchid in clipped tones.

"Ah," nodded Kaelen as he brought out his hand held.  "Is there any other insults you'd like to hurl at me?"

"Fuck you," snapped Orchid as she turned to look out the window.

Kaelen smirked as he read a message from Kevin.

********

Ah'Taria - Ward Estate

Kevin stared down at Xara's still face and frowned as he removed the purple stone from over her heart, “Nothing I have seems to be reviving her.  Her condition is stable but I can't get her to wake up."

"Yeah, I've noticed," frowned Sebastian as he gently pushed Kevin out of his way to pull the sheets over Xara.  "What else do you have?"

"I'm not sure," muttered Kevin as he stepped back to gaze between Xara and Sebastian.  "Kaelen or Mia's blood should have worked."  Kevin scratched his head as he sat down and stared at his hands, "Maybe it was all the testing she was subjected to?"

Sebastian rested his forehead against Xara's and sighed, "I'm doing a horrible job protecting you."

Kevin fist clenched as he listened to Sebastian whisper quietly to Xara.   With a dejected sigh he pulled out his hand held and read a message from Ebony.  Kayla asked me to send you a message.  She wanted to know if you'd tried Sebastian's blood.  "I'm a dummy," thought Kevin to himself as he reached into his bag for a syringe.  "Sebastian, let's try your blood."

Sebastian looked deadpan as he stared at Kevin.  "Are you serious?  My blood wasn't in one of those damn syringes you injected her with!"  Sebastian raised his wrist and bit down.  "Shit that hurts," he exclaimed as he opened Xara mouths and allowed a few drops to enter.

Kevin placed the syringe back in the bag and stood up.  "It would appear the most obvious thing to do I failed to do."

Sebastian shook his head as he watched Xara's eyes flutter open.  "As I said earlier, if I don't have anything nice to say I'll keep my mouth shut."

Kevin shook his head as he sent a message to Kaelen about the turn of events.  "You saying that is just as bad as saying something."

Sebastian patted Xara's hand as he ignored Kevin, "Are you okay?"

Xara nodded hesitantly as she pulled her hand from his to sit up, "What happened?"

Kevin shook his head as he sent a warning look to Sebastian.  "You came down with a fever and we couldn't wake you."

"Oh," gasped Xara as she stood and stretched naked in front of both men.

"Put some clothes on," bit out Sebastian as he pulled his shirt off and threw it at her.  "We don't want to see that."

"Oh sorry," smiled Xara as she pulled the shirt on.  "Where's Kaelen?"

"I'm sure he's on his way," smiled Kevin as he rocked back on his heels. "I'd bet every royal in my bank account."