Grammar and spelling Ⅱ

Now, I don't think there was anything wrong with the first version of this rant, it wasn't structured the best. I don't like that one part of this book at all, because it's me slamming people for using bad grammar and spelling without acknowledging my frequent mistakes in my own work. It feels hypocritical. Was there a need to make this? No. I just want to redo all of them because I'm a terrible person :)

We've all seen fanfics with grammar issues. Spelling issues. That kinda shit. We're all tired of seeing common problems, and we all like to have a moan.

But you know what?

Many people who write with incorrect grammar are young. They're kids! They're just writing because they like it. They're putting their writing out there into the harsh realm of the internet, and they're just here for a good time.

And you know what? That's okay. We shouldn't bitch and moan and attack these people over every mistake. We should encourage them to keep writing. Give constructive criticism. Mention that they could do better with spelling and grammar. But praise them for what they did well. Because these kids could be the next fucking bestsellers and if they're surrounded by negativity, they might just give up. And hey, even if their writing is terrible and they don't grow up into bestselling authors, or even authors at all, they still deserve kindness and encouragement. Because people are allowed to be bad at stuff and do it anyway because they enjoy it.

It's important to remember, we all start from somewhere.

And it's also important to be kind to people who write in english but don't use english as their first language. That takes incredible skill and these people are amazing. They're going to mess up. And that's okay. They deserve kindness too.

So who should we complain about? Complain about the writer's who think they can do no wrong, and yet make a tom of grammar and spelling mistakes. Especially if they're older. If they think that they're writing is 100% perfect and they're unwilling to grow, that is a bad writer. The only kind of bad writer. These are the people who need to be told improve their goddamn grammar and spelling. Be kind about it, but it's okay to be harsher this time.
And writers who should know better.
Writers who get a good amount of reads, writers who write seriously, and are generally older. If you see these people, tell them they need to improve! Is this last one a giant indirect towards myself, yes it is! I'll admit, I could use grammarly more than I do. I could edit better than I do, but I don't, because I'm lazy. So I deserve all the harsh words I can get!

Whine about the people who deserve it. Leave the kids alone. Let them have their fun. We're all in the same boat here. We're all trying to master the difficult craft of writing, or just having a good time. We should lift each other up, not push each other down. Let's be kinder. Let's be more supportive.

Here's my cat, since I haven't uploaded in so long