Pedophilia

This is the most vile, putrid thing. It's literally abuse. And guess what? It's found in Warriors.

What is pedophilia? Well, it's the act of being sexually attracted to a child or teenager (someone younger than eighteen.)

The common misconception is having a huge age gap between lovers (Take LeopardPine for example. A significantly large age gap,but not pedophilia.)

A good example? SpottedFire. I love pointing this out, because the butthurt shippers start screeching.

SpottedFire was pedophilia. Firepaw was barely more than a kit. If he were human, I'd say he'd be twelve. Now Spottedleaf was around two years old, I'd say that equals around 26. Do you see the problem? It doesn't matter if he loves her back. (Just a kit-crush, if you ask me.) It's still pedophilia. It's wrong, It's disgusting. She's a fucking pedophile, he's a minor.

Now that y'all understand what it is, let's talk about why it's bad.

It's clearly just vile shit. Being sexually attracted to a child is just wrong. Pure wrongness. I can't even explain it, it repulses me.

Before y'all start whinging that they're just cats, and not humans, they're personified cats. They have a social structure, religion, they love each other, etc. I'm pretty sure Mousedapple has a rant about that.

This happens a lot in Warriors fics. It mainly happens because people don't recognize they're doing it. But it's still grossly wrong.

If you have in any of your fics, a warrior crushing on a kit or an apprentice, sTop now. Delete that shit. I don't care how much work it is, or how much it will impact the story, take that pedophilic trash away. Far away. As in, fucking burn it.

I understand when people don't know and include it. But the problem lies when people are called out on this, and they don't change it. Pedophilia is literally abuse. You are promoting abuse, if you are aware that it's happening in your fic and not doing anything about it.

This may be simply Warriors fanfiction, but pedophilia is a real thing that occurs to people.

Let's think of the infamous Starkit's Prophecy. If I remember rightly, both Firestar, Graystripe, and Blackstar wanted to be Starpaw's mate.

This is pedophilia. She was an apprentice, a very young one at that, and they were Warriors.

Anything that involves a Warrior/Medicine Cat/Deputy/Leader/Queen falling in love with a kit or an apprentice, is pedophilia. Any ship that you may have that includes a warrior and a kit/apprentice is pedophilia, and by shipping it, you are sending out a message that pedophilia is okay.

It is sick, it is wrong, I can't express my disgust in this properly.

Having an apprentice have a crush on a Warrior? Fine. Said warrior reciprocates the feelings? Nope! What about after the apprentice has become a warrior? That's fine. They'd both be of age then.

What about a kit having a crush on a warrior? I wouldn't recommend it. Warrior crushing on a kit? That's just sick. Fuck off.

Don't ever include pedophilia in your fanfics. It's horrific.