30. Terrence Moore

"Your mom's accent is so cool," Theo mentioned one day where he was lying with his head on Rags' lap, Fiona having just left rehab to go to work. "Why don't you have one?"

His hands stalled from braiding Theo's hair – something he'd been studying meticulously on YouTube and practicing while in Rehab. "Because I was raised in motherfucking America."

Theodore gave him a funny look and Rags smiled, "Sorry, I've always wanted to say that. I don't know why, I don't even particularly like America."

"You don't like America?"

Raguel lifted an eyebrow, lip curled, and Theodore shrugged in admittance.

"Can you do anything Irish? Like Irish dancing?"

"Of course not."

"What about Irish stripping?"

"The hell is Irish stripping?" Raguel again paused his braiding, nearly done anyway.

"Like normal stripping, but, like, with beer and potatoes."

Raguel laughed breathily, shaking his head and leaving the question unanswered, focusing on the last bit of Theo's burgundy hair while Theodore was smiling up at him, though his eyes were drooping slowly.

"You said, when I asked you first why you stripped, that it was fun, but... I mean, is it really that fun to work at a night club? You like dancing, so you could've just been a dancer and not someone who has to give lap dances to old dudes."

Theo sighed slowly, the hint of a smile floating from his lips. "Have you ever been bullied?"

Raguel's hands went slower on Theo's braid. "Not really."

"Well, I was bullied. A lot." Theodore's voice didn't sound particularly sensitive about the subject, but quiet nonetheless, his eyes barely open and staring absently at the wall. "Verbally, mostly, so there was no physical evidence for my rich parents to sue anyone. I was almost never called by my name. It was always fag or mommy's boy or daddy's boy, that kind of shit. I was the pampered gay ballerina – a fucking laughing stock. Looking back, I totally get why you'd pick someone like me to pick at; I was raised in such an accepting home, back then I didn't understand other kids' intolerance. I mean, I'm over it now, but back then I just wanted to escape those kind of people. So I went to a dance academy, told my parents I didn't want them spoon-feeding me all the way, which is why I moved into that apartment. I figured no one could accuse me of being a pampered rich kid while living in a place like that. I went to Fixation looking for work, and met Megan. At that point I had no idea how to take care of myself and I really was an inexperienced wreck, so she got me a job waiting at Watson's, and only when she saw I was a bit more mature, she let me start stripping. The people at Fixation... they couldn't give a rat's ass that I liked guys; in fact, the gayer I was, the more money I brought in. I'd never had so much fun. I dyed my hair, got a stage name; I was popular. And then I got a boyfriend – a guy who went to the same dance academy. He was great, my first time was great, but neither of us were too serious about it, so we had a mutual break-up when he graduated and went to work on a cruise ship. And then, skip forward a couple years, this cute boy walks into Fixation and shows up at my apartment, drunk as fuck, demanding sex and playing with my prostate massager-"

"Hey, I didn't play with it! You're making me sound dirty." Raguel's hands were still by now, and he leaned down, smiling, and gave Theo an upside down kiss. He didn't need to comment on Theodore's entire story. He didn't need to say I'm sorry to hear that. He just needed to say, "I love you," and then Theodore said, "I love you too," and it sank in in both their hearts that they had each other's understanding and support.