Only You (Friends to Lovers)

Start from the beginning

"Maybe she's just trying to mess with you, see how far she can push until you finally make a move?" Kuku was kinda wondering himself when Karan would man up and go get his girl.

"You know what.... it's about time she gets what she wants isn't it? I'm heading out. Don't wait up." And with that his drama queen of a son had made his exit for the second time.

He sighed, whatever his son was up to was unknown to him......oh well....hopefully they don't kill each other.

~~~

Karan Tacker was pissed....well slightly less pissed than he was earlier, but still pissed.

Every time he recalled the nonchalant way Krystle talked about him going on a date with someone else, his blood boiled.

He knows that she only infuriates him so much because he's so head over heels in love with her, but he'd like to think he wasn't so pathetic. 

He recounted the entire conversation as he drove, allowing every detail to fuel his frustration.
It had to take control before seeing her, otherwise he would soften at the sight of her and become putty in her hands.

Reaching her apartment complex, he threw the car into a parking spot and headed straight to her door.

The doorbell sounded three times before she answered.

"Karan? What are you doing here?" She looked startled, not displeased, but confused.

Karan took a moment to absorb the sight of her. Her face was wiped clean of makeup as she stood in home shorts and what looked distinctly like one of his long sleeve v-necks that he thought was lost.

"Oh god" he closed his eyes and groaned softly.
This was not the plan, why can't she ever play fair.

He shook his head clear and pulled the frustration he felt back into place, except this time it was mixed with a strong wave of desire.

"Karan?" Her voice snapped his eyes back open.

"I thought about it, and I think so too. I should have said yes."

"Said yes to what?" The confusion of seeing him here so soon after they parted ways still blocked her senses.

"To the date. I should have said yes to the date."
Something flashed in her eyes after he said that, but it hid itself quickly.
Karan smiled internally.

Yes. Now you get to feel what I did

"What changed your mind?" She gritted between clenched teeth.

"Nothing much. I just realized you were right. I should go have some non platonic fun right. And she is a beautiful woman. We could have a good time." He made his voice as nonchalant as she did before. Give as good as you get they say.

"Then why the hell are you here telling me? I hope you have fun with the beautiful woman. Goodnight" the force of her anger was used to slam the door in his face, but his reflexes kicked in just before it shut.

"What's the matter Krystle?  This is what you wanted right? Why do you seem upset?" He stepped through the threshold, causing her to take a step back as he invaded her space.

"I'm not upset. Go have your fun."
She took another step back and he followed.
They played the forward backward game until Krystle was firmly pressed against the wall of the hallway, Karan standing a hairs length away from her.

"Tell me you want me to go out with another girl. And don't tell me I should, tell me it's what you want of me." He rested his palm on the wall next to her right shoulder.