Hold me as I sleep (During EHMMBH filming)

Karan laid casually, arms under his head and one leg bent at the knee, on the small twin size bed in his room on set. They'd been given an hour and a half break and he'd worked so hard throughout the day that all he wanted to do was lie down and be idle, maybe even catch a nap. But as fate would have it sleep wasn't coming to him, so all that was left to do was to stare at the ceiling above him.
     Suddenly, two soft knocks rang through the room, if the place wasn't so quite Karan would most likely not have heard them. The knocks were followed by a gentle voice calling out his name, he knew who it was right away.

    "Come in" he responded to her silent question, pushing himself up on his elbow while saying the words.
The door creaked a little as she slowly opened it enough to slip her body through and close it again. Krystle made her way toward him, stopping about two feet from his bed. Her stance screamed tired, and the not so subtle twisting of her hands and flickering of her eyes gave off her nervous energy.

    "Kya hua?" He asked, concern dripping from each word.
Her eyes briefly caught his before moving away almost the same second. It was so unlike her.

    "I can't sleep" her voice was low and unsure.
    "I'm so tired and my head hurts but my body is buzzing with some kind of energy that I can't get rid of and I just can't sleep" her words were coming out more hurried and he could see the frustration and exhaustion that each syllable brought to her.
    Her shoulders were now hunched and her eyes glassy with a layer of unshed tears. His heart squeezed with a desire to rid her of every bad feeling, to ease away her frustrations.
    His moment of silence after her explanation must have been too long because she suddenly straightened up, embarrassment flooding her features, and said, "I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking, why I came to bother you with this, you must be tired yourself, I'll just go, achcha bye."
    Before she could take a step toward the door his hand shot out and caught her wrist.

    "Krystle, don't go, please." He moved himself back until he was almost pressed up against the wall, her wrist still in his hand, causing her to have to slightly lean over the bed.
    Confusion shone from her eyes until they widened with understanding, he had to smile at the cute face she made as the two emotions crossed paths.

    "Karan wh-"
    "Get in" he cut her off with the gentle command.
She didn't listen.
    "I can't g-" with a soft tug on her wrist he once again cut off her words, getting her on the bed in the process. 
   "Stop thinking. We have an hour left of this break and you need to rest." Reaching up, he moved the hair that had landed on her face during the fall.
    With a second more spent in uncertainty, Krystle finally relaxed her body, scooting closer to him on her side and placing her head on his shoulder to use as a pillow.
    Her eyes closed in contentment, relief, and some other emotion that she chose to leave unidentified, as his arm curved around her head and fingers began to stroke her hair. The exhaustion that had overtaken her body slowly seeped out as sleep overcame her senses, quicker than it ever had before.

    Karan watched the woman in his arms intently. His gaze trailed slowly from her closed eyes-still beautiful even when hidden- to her small nose, over her rosy cheeks- the girl blushes even in her sleep- and finally, down to her full, pink, always smiling lips, although right now they were slightly parted and blowing small puffs of air out.
    Seeing her here, in his arms, so peaceful, so relaxed, so vulnerable, filled him with an even stronger desire, a need, to protect. To shield her from anything that would cause her discomfort or distress, to not only wipe away all her tears but to make sure that nothing happens to cause them. He wanted with all of his soul to make her happy; to make her smile all the time.
    He had always wished her happiness and had never wanted anything bad to come her way, but the impact of this pure, unadulterated, raw need hit him full force. How an internal revelation could physically cause him to lose his breath was beyond his understanding, but he had to close his eyes to collect his bearings.
    He gently pulled her closer to to him, taking her exposed hand and holding it to his chest, and placing his lips on her forehead in a lingering kiss.
    With one final thought he let himself be pulled into the peaceful darkness called sleep.
Protect her, comfort her, make her happy.