Sharing is Caring is Loving (Friends to Lovers)

It's been a while I know.
Hurricane Irma hit my island pretty bad and we're not in the best shape right now.
It's emotionally draining and many people lost absolutely everything.
I hope you can all pray for us. ❤️️

~~~

"Tonight was fun" Krystle commented as she walked Ekta to her car.
They had just wrapped up another well deserved dinner out with some close friends.

"Definitely. The food was great too." Ekta replied digging through her purse for her car keys. The little devils can never be found when she needs them.

"You don't need a ride right?" Finally, the annoying jungle of keys could be heard.
She turned to Krystle to see her shaking her head- both in amusement at Ekta's battle against her keys and in answer the the question asked.

"No. I'm good. Karan is dropping me home."

A not so subtle smirk made its way on the older woman's face.

"Oooooooohhh. Krystle and Karan sitting in a tree." Ekta teased.

"First of all, are you 6? And second, it's not like that. You know this. We're just friends." Krystle sighed.

"Oh please," Ekta countered, "maybe in status, but most definitely not in feelings. Listen I gatta go now, but word of advice? Let yourself fall. That man is waiting to catch you."

"Easier said than done. I'll keep it in mind though. Now get your pretty butt in that car and go home. Oh and drive safely, the weather looks like it's taking a turn for the worst."

"Okay okay. See you."

~~~

After Ekta had pulled out the driveway of the parking lot, Krystle made her way towards the car meant to take her home.
Thoughts of what her friend said plagued her mind.

Could she really take the chance and fall?
Things could end so badly. It terrified her that she could lose him if this was the wrong move.

But......damnit she loves him. Is in love with him.
She can't keep pretending that she's not. That she doesn't want all of him and want to give all her herself to him. It's going to drive her crazy one day.

"You ready?"
A deep voice startled her out of her thoughts.

"Huh?"
Real intelligent Krystle. She thought to herself.

"I asked if you're ready." Karan chuckled at her confused state.

The girl will daydream her way to the other side of the world one day.

"Oh yeah. I'm ready. Oh and sorry by the way."

"For what?"

Krystle sighed.
"Driving me home will have you on the road longer than necessary. I live further away than you do. So I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

Laughter filled her ears.

"Krystle," Karan said after catching his breath, "I have no words right now. It's probably scientifically impossible for you to be an inconvenience to me. Besides, the ride lets me spend more time alone with you."

Karan made his way toward the passenger side and opened the door.
"Now in you go."

Sitting in the car Krystle tried to slow her beating heart.

The ride lets me spend more time alone with you.
How could he say something like that so casually, as if he didn't just cause her heart to explode?