This might take a while, I'm a fool (Post EHMMBH)

They were always just friends. The media and their fans always seemed to think they were lying or withholding some truth, but really that's what they were. Friends. Their friendship was special yes, they saw each other often yes, they had a higher level of comfort with each other yes, but they never felt anything beyond the bounds of a platonic relationship. Or so Karan thought. Because now? Well now he's standing in a corner burning with a fire of jealousy that was anything but platonic.
Let's back up about 20 minutes. Krystle had walked into the room, stunning as ever. What? The girl was absolutely gorgeous, he wasn't afraid to admit it, it didn't mean anything more than a friend appreciating another friend's aesthetic appeal. Yet, now that he thought about it, ever since he met her he had decided that she was by far the most beautiful person he knew, which is fine, until you add the fact that he associates her beauty with the kind you hope your daughter inherits- really this should have been enough to make his "you like her" alarm go off.

Anyway, stunning as usual, so she caught a few eyes as usual. This didn't put him off, I mean they work in an industry where attention on you is a given, so he's used to people looking at him, used to people looking at her.
She greeted Ekta- who had opened the door for her- and made her way into the crowd.

"Who's the girl that just came in?"
The question came from someone close to him. Turning his head to the right he realized that it was Sameer- a new friend of Ekta who happened to be aquatinted with Rizwan who was his close friend and current company.

"Who? Oh that's Krystle. Why the curiosity?" Rizwan asked.

"Kuch nahi. She's just really gorgeous."

The answer shouldn't have bothered him- lots of people thought Krystle was incredibly good looking- but it did. Something about Sameer's tone screamed trouble, he was sure of it. He was pretty sure his face had a scowl on it by now. Rizwan eyed him knowingly before he turned back to Sameer and said, "maybe you should introduce yourself then". And without hesitation,
Sameer was off.

"Why'd you do that?" Karan almost shouted.

"You'll figure it out. Maybe then you'll stop being such a damn fool."
Ouch.

~~~~
So here we are.
Sameer had managed to get Krystle alone, and was currently chatting up a storm with her, much to Karan's dismay. She seemed to be enjoying it too, if her broad smile and loud laughter were anything to go by.
That was really what pushed him from being highly annoyed to an unhealthy combination of pissed off and jealous. It was her smile and her laughter.

He realized, standing about 40 feet from them, that he wanted to be the only man to make her smile and laugh like that.
Her happiness was what he worked for and he'll be damned if someone decides he's not the one for the job and takes it from him.
He wants to be the only one that gets to hold that beautiful face in his hands while everyone else only gets to look at it.
He wants to be the only one that gets to know the deepest parts of her soul, where all her insecurities and doubts are hidden, and help her fight her demons.
He wants to be the only one to love the hell out of that incredible woman for the rest of their life.
Well damn. Rizwan was right. He is a damn fool if it took almost six years and a guy chatting up Krystle to make him realize that he was in love with her, had been for a while now.

Shit.
How do you tell your long time "just friend" that you're head over heels for her.
Ahh he'll figure it out later. For now what he had to do was get his girl away from that flirting loser.
"How dare he flirt with my daughter's mother" Karan murmured as he made his way over to them. Really this one should have made his "I'm a huge creepy weirdo" alarm go off.
But once again, in perfect Karan fashion, it took him a while to figure it out.