Chapter 14

Now that the crazy holiday season dwindled down all around Britannia, it was yet another boring day in which pretty much nobody wanted to do anything.

King enjoyed days such as these, though. He thought it was good to take a break from the insanity revolving around the past few months.

But still, it was extremely boring. And as King got up to go get some breakfast down in the tavern, he was as tired as ever. Maybe he had slept too much, but was that even possible for someone like him?

"Heyo, King." Ban greeted him.

King nodded at him, too dazed to speak. Early morning struggles.

But it made him really confused when he had noticed that Ban didn't prepare any breakfast or really any food at all.

"King, I need ya to hang around here till the others wake up." Ban instructed him.

King crossed his arms, "What for? And aren't you making anything for breakfast?" He said in a way that pretty much implied he was starving.

Though he still would never admit it, Ban's cooking was phenomenal.

Ban shrugged in a carefree manner, "The faster everyone gets their sorry asses up, the sooner we get to have food."

King sighed, "Fine. I'll wait here then. But the question is will they be getting up any time soon?"

There was no way in hell anyone was gonna want to get up on such a lazy day. So that basically meant no food for King.

"Eh, Diane is probably already awake outside. You go ahead and tell her. It's only logical if I send you right?" Ban winked.

King nodded slowly, narrowing his eyes at the fox sin. "I guess."

He did just as Ban told him, and went on ahead outside. He found Diane lying in the grass, staring up at the clouds. It was one of her favorite hobbies, anyway.

"H-Hey!" he called over to her.

Diane turned to him, and smiled. "Hey." she repeated back. "Whatcha need?"

King shrugged, "Ban needs you to come inside. He said something about no one being able to eat unless we all gather around first." he then laughed a bit.

"And well, I'm starving, so meet us inside okay?"

Diane giggled, "Okay, I'll be in soon. Gimme a sec to shrink myself."

"Alright." King smiled and then hurried back into the tavern.

He then paused to think for a moment.

If Ban wants all of us to come together, maybe he's got something mischievous up his sleeve.

It was probably likely, Ban did have a backround for pulling all sorts of tricks.

When King entered in the boar hat again, everyone had already been there minus Diane. Besides the sins, Guila, Hauser and Jericho joined in too. After the dance, almost everyone crashed back at the tavern for the night.

Merlin yawned before she spoke. "And what do I suppose you're up to, Ban?" she questioned him.

"I sure would like to know, too." Meliodas added.

Ban grinned devilishly, "Nothin' much. Just waiting on Diane now. Is she coming or what King?" he urged.

King held his hands up defensively.

"Calm down, she just needs a minute to shrink down. She'll be here momentarily." he hesitated, then spoke again, "But yeah, can you please explain what it is you're making such a big fuss about?"