Chapter 3

Ban grinned as Diane and King walked back inside the boar hat.

"So you two, what did ya do? You took an awful long time to get back here." he raised an eyebrow and winked in King's direction. "Sly dog." he mused.

King blushed madly and shoved his face in Chastifol. "W-why are you always teasing us?"

"Oooooh! He said us." Meliodas remarked in the background. "That's couple talk right there."

"Will you guys stop acting like 5 year olds? King and I decided to camp out in the woods for a bit, that's all." Diane glared at no one in particular.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be turning back into a giant real soon." she turned and walked out.

"Real smooth, guys." King frowned at them.

"What?" Meliodas shrugged. "She's your girlfriend, not mine, right?" He then shot a pervy look towards Elizabeth, who was cleaning dishes. Completely unaware of the captain's comment.

"Cap'n, that's gross." Ban shook his head.

All of a sudden, Hawk shot through the door of the tavern, a wild look present on his face. "BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES!! DEATH IS COMING!!" He screamed in fear. "A STORMS BREWING OUT THERE, AND IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD!" The tiny pig ran up to Ban and jumped up top of his shoulder.

"SAVE YOUR OWN BUTTS WHILE YOU CAN! And mine too while you're at it."

"Relax Hawk," Elizabeth smiled, "It'll be fine, we're all safe in here-" she then looked out the window, "Oh no, Diane!"

King's heart began pounding immediately. Elizabeth was right. He had to go warn Diane.

"I'll go tell her to take another pill! We can't have her  all alone out there." he volunteered and flew outside on top of Chastifol. He found Diane already turned back into a giant.

She was staring up at the clouds. By the looks of it, she knew what was coming.

"Diane!" King called to her. Diane looked down at him and smiled.

"Hey, King! Lovely weather we're about to have." she laughed at her own sarcastic remark.

"Diane, take another pill. This storm could be serious, and I don't want you to have to be out here sitting in the middle of it." King pleaded, then took note of how demanding he sounded. "S-sorry," he shrugged nervously. "I'm just a bit anxious, is all."

"No, I'm glad you care that I'm out here." Diane grinned.

"But, I'm not taking a pill this time. I'm a giant, and I'm gonna tough this out no matter what!" She objected. "You don't have to worry about me, so just go back inside. I'll be just fine."

"I thought about what you said to me. That I shouldn't worry about my height so much. So I'm gonna take that advice." Diane gave him a thumbs up.

King stood there, a blank look on his face.

"If that's what you want," he began, "Then I'll stay out here with you. I told you I would never leave your side, and so I won't." King looked at her genuinely.

Diane started to blush a little.

"King... I..."

Storm clouds came rushing in. They were so grey, they almost had a black tint to them. The wind started to pick up, catching King offguard. He began to blow away but Diane caught him.

"N-nice catch." King laughed nervously, "But maybe we should find a cave or something, till the storm passes through or whatever." He suggested.

Diane nodded. "That would probably be a good idea." she grinned.