Chapter 15

The events of this chapter occur several months after the last chapter. Enjoy!

~

King woke up, feeling as nervous as ever. It was tomorrow that he would become a husband. To him, it had all passed so fast. Some hundreds of years went by since he had first met Diane, and King definitely didn't think the day would come where he would marry her.

Though, he probably wished for it all those years.

And now, they'd be following the human tradition of marriage, just to prove how strong their love was.

King yawned, and took a look at his clock. Surprisingly enough, he had an hour to spare before the time came for him to get ready. So, being the lazy person he was, King decided to take another quick nap.

"King! Get up ya sleepy bastard!" Hawk came scuttling in. He jumped onto the bed, which startled the half asleep fairy.

"Ban's waiting for you, he says he's gonna help get you suited up."

King raised an eyebrow. "I thought Howzer was?"

"Actually scratch that, anyone would be better than Howz-"

Hawk flipped King off of the bed. "JUST HURRY UP!" he yelled. "Man, you bums are harder to get cookin' than fried pork chops at a barbeque."

"What's that supposed to mean?" King asked, puzzled.

Hawk sighed. "Never mine that! Just get going!"

Boy, was I a fool waiting until the last minute to find myself something to wear. Probably should've done it weeks sooner. King thought shyly to himself.

King heeded the scrap master's words and quickly threw on some clothes, then went out to search for Ban. He was sure the fox sin would probably have gone on ahead of him into town, but to his surprise Ban had been waiting near the front of the tavern.

King flew over to him, huffing and puffing after only moving maybe fifteen feet. Mind you he was flying, not walking. Classic King.

"Ready to go?" Ban asked him.

Nodding in reply, King answered him, "Yeah. Let's hurry up, everything needs to be situated by tomorrow."

Ban laughed at this, a big grin spreading across his face. "And who's problem is that? Not mine!" he teased.

"Listen, everything'll be fine. Now c'mon, I've got quite a few ideas in mind for some tuxedos."

King shook his head. "I mean, I don't mind hearing some ideas, but I think I've got a few styles I might already want."

"Nonsense!" Ban gave King a playful noogie. "Just leave this tah me! Consider it my present to you for the wedding, since let's be honest I was clueless on what to get you guys."

And then, in only a split second, they were off.

Ban took King to several different shops, tailors, the whole lot. And maybe after an hour of searching, King found himself a tux he was finally satisfied with.

"I think I'll go with this one." he showed it off to Ban, who gave him a nod of approval.

Once he had bought the suit, King followed Ban back to the boar hat.

"Hey," the fairy king addressed his comrade. Ban looked at him curiously. "Thanks for helping me today, Ban. You really didn't have to."

Ban shrugged. "Meh. I told ya, consider it a gift."